CPS Says "Yes!!!"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
The law should be much harsher on vehicle criminals. Nevertheless, by the standards of the day, that's not a bad result.

Nice to see a Judge wrist slapping a solicitor. Too many seem to be taking their conduct tips from the tv.

Quite a quick result by today's standards.

Levo-Lon

Guru
The law should be much harsher on vehicle criminals. Nevertheless, by the standards of the day, that's not a bad result.

Nice to see a Judge wrist slapping a solicitor. Too many seem to be taking their conduct tips from the tv.

Quite a quick result by today's standards.

Agreed,some people turn into compleat irrational lunatics when they sit in a vehicle..

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
She drove at the man to knock him over - using her car as a weapon seeking to injure someone- driving over someone's foot could be seen as accidental but deliberately driving AT someone is unbelievable!

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
She drove at the man to knock him over - using her car as a weapon seeking to injure someone- driving over someone's foot could be seen as accidental but deliberately driving AT someone is unbelievable!
Gender assumption there! Read the OP and several other posts.^_^

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I did add this one previously but can't find it to add to

The writer is a good friend of mine;
https://emergency-services.news/?p=9199

Sentancing was to be made later, as the defendant was going on holiday

And, from her social media (earlier today)

Court today;
15mths Disqualification, with an extended retest.
220 hours unpaid work
12mths community order.
£300 compensation
£300 court costs.
Her employer has sacked her.

Judge was disgusted with her and her solicitor.
Told she narrowly avoided a custodial sentence

Probation report states she denies the offence but she's remorseful.

And she's appealing, taking it to crown court.
And this is someone who's on a low wage, but can afford to appeal at crown court!

The appeal looks a bit ambitious, but there may be an element of tactics here.

It is one thing for the solicitor to say in the heat of battle they are appealing, but another to actually get the appeal going.

She's been sacked, so the solicitor may be trying to undermine that decision by casting some doubt on the conviction.

Had she made a single contact with the paramedic, I can see - rightly or wrongly - that a court might put that down as an accident.

But to whack the paramedic twice is at least careless, if not dangerous,

Which is another point, she may have offered careless driving.

There is a small risk from the defendant's point of view in an appeal.

All sentencing options are open again, which means the crown court judge - sitting with two magistrates - could rule the sentence as too lenient and increase it to prison.

More likely is the sentence will be left alone, or watered down a tiny bit.

Last edited:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Sorry, I thought the description of the scene said it was a woman driving the car and a man was injured but I re-read and appreciate the sex of the injured person wasn't identifiable, it was their crewmate who was male... well spotted- apologies!

Last edited:

Poacher

Sorry, I thought the description of the scene said it was a woman driving the car and a man was injured but I re-read and appreciate the sex of the injured person wasn't identifiable, it was their crewmate who was male... well spotted- apologies!
The sex of the injured person was clearly identified as female.

Poacher

Does it really matter? Somebody driving a car at somebody else as a deliberate attempt to get them out of the way ran over somebody else's foot & the CPS are doing something about it.
I was in a particularly pedantic mood due to unconnected prevarication (see mundane news).

Perhaps it was Fireman Sam and the incident occurred in Leicestershire?
Don't you bleddy well start as well - that was Lincolnshire FB!
Anyway, good result all round, both the conviction / punishment and my Brommie's fixed.

Top Bottom