Cr@@py birthday to me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Heal well and Happy Birthday :hugs:

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
WARNING GRAPHIC INJURY DESCRIPTION.

Sorry to be so negative.. but I turned 51 today and spent half the day in A and E after slicing through two fingers at work with a Stanley knife...

One of the bosses took me down and another picked me 4 hours later when I said I was coming back in a taxi to get the car... I stayed at work until my finishing instead of taking their kind offer of going home... as couldn't face sitting at home on my own until Mrs V got home (i told her to go back to work when we came out)...

Mrs V got a lift out of work to sit with me at the hospital

Two heavily bandaged fingers. No possibility of cycling in case I break the stitches. So feeling pretty peed off with myself for being so careless.

On a positive got some good prezzies including some fab straight bars for the MTB off my mum.. a few books and most importantly my favourite Red wine off Mrs V (and other things from her as well... just the wines most appealing at the moment)

On a serious note due to 2 bouts of sepsis they told me to keep a close eye on the hand and if I have any doubts about it or any symptoms of sepsis to go straight back...

Fingers are throbbing and aching now. No tendon or muscle damage just straight to the bone on the finger tips

On a positive note got me out of a Calor gas delivery at work tommorrow which always seem to end up doing!

Enough about me hows your day been!
If it helps I flew out to Spain today. Weather forecast for the next three days is heavy rain.. Hope it heals quickly you could be out on your bike in a few days.Have a couple of weeks of work.Sorted.👍

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Of course, in my day youd be back up the chimneys 6 minutes after accidentally lopping your foot off.
That's nowt! in my day you'd do that after a 12 hour shift in t'pit!!:headshake:

Top Bottom