Cracking.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavintc

Guru
I am sorry if my comment came across as criticism of Shaun. I have immense respect for him and his labour of love that is CC. My comment was probably too short, and I did not explain myself properly. I like most of CC, and have used it as a place to go when I am bored, needing distraction, and can't find anything good to watch on tele. It is better than the opposition, by a long way.

My comment was more added as a request for change and improvement. Personally, I liked the old model, but I am sure there were tech reasons supporting the change. I will get used to it. I like the colour, it is bright, vibrant and not a problem for me. I used the hover over system a lot and it allowed me to consider a thread before opening it. Equally, the quick reply box was a nice tool. You read, you typed a reply. Now you must open a box - not an major issue, just not an improvement. There are probably other bits on here I have not found yet, that are better.

So in sum, I will get used to it and I will emphasis my complete support for Shaun. He does an impressive job keeping this whole thing going.

Arch

Married to Night Train
So in sum, I will get used to it and I will emphasis my complete support for Shaun. He does an impressive job keeping this whole thing going.

I never doubted you Brother.

(call off the dogs Vladimir!)

I do agree with you on the mouseover - and Admin's onto it. The quick reply box, I never used, so I don't notice the difference.

There's going to be a bit of readjustment, like when you tidy the kitchen and then can't find the spoons. Talking of which I really need to do some housework...

soulful dog

Veteran
Nice one Shaun, hope YOU like the result of the work you've put in   ;)

Looks a nice clean layout & design to me, looking forward to getting used to the new look, though you will of course be adding more smilies when you get the chance, won't you!?

For anyone not sure about it, give it a week or two to let yourself used to it, then make up your mind. You might find you like it once you're a bit more accustomed to it, and for those that don't like the bright colours, you could always try the 'cleancut' or one of the other more muted skins - accessed via the drop down menu in the bottom left hand corner of the forum, currently showing the default 'CycleChat' skin.

You know there's just no pleasing some people is there..Can't be doing with moaning arse people.. Shaun you have done a fantastic job in the switch over.. So just ignore the people that want to pick it to bits now.. Think we all know that there is going to be little bits and bobs missing but were all know and understand that over the next few week you will be doing all the tweeks and little finishing touches...
Great work shaun...

I'm sure Shaun appreciates your sentiment but I'm sure he knows fine well there will be people who won't like the changes, and having run a forum for long enough is well used to a few moans. +1 for what Arch posted, it's not as if gavintc was rude or anything.

Here we are, found the thread on it...

"The built-in topic preview works differently in the new software.

Personally I'm not a fan, and there is a plugin under development to replicate the current "hover" preview we have now, so hopefully we can get this feature back.

In the meantime, move your mouse to the far right of the topic line and an icon should appear (page with a green upwards pointing arrow). Click this icon to load the preview box to pre-read the thread without diving in."

Cheers for that, I think I quite like that way of previewing the thread.  

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
can we please replace the word "moans" with "opinions".

everyone will have opinions good and bad. i like the new wide screen, content has not changed so i like that as well.

i dont like the new colours, i preferred the old plain look, but its not a moan and within in a week i wont even notice.

feedback people, its all about feedback. dont kick up a fuss when the guy on the next table gets asks for a jam sandwich and gets..... a jam sandwich.

if 95% of the users said they hated the new colours im sure something would be done. as we seem to be in the minority i dont expect it to change

get over it people.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I have changed to Cleancut as an option in the colour scheme. Professional Blue (PBlue) is good as well.

It may seem like there are less smilies, more can be found by clicking on "Show All" (a couple of inches below the smilies). :biggrin: ;)

potsy

Rambler
I think it has a fresh,modern look which in a few days/weeks we'll be fully used to,and will have forgotten what the old board looked like.
Shame that 1 or 2 features are not yet available,but I'm sure Shaun will get it all sorted to our liking soon,I'm sticking with the Cyclechat colour scheme it's great.;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
I have changed to Cleancut as an option in the colour scheme. Professional Blue (PBlue) is good as well.

It may seem like there are less smilies, more can be found by clicking on "Show All" (a couple of inches below the smilies). ;) ;)

Oh yes, they are all there - you just have to look for them. Admin will sort it.

Shaun

Founder
I just ran out of juice ... sorry.

I really did want it all to work spot on right from the off, but hadn't bargained for the delay that was caused when the core post data was transferred.

I have a growing to-do list, but am sure in the near future we can get most things working to most people's satisfaction.

I managed to squeeze a few replies in whilst out shopping with the family this afternoon, and have done some more work tonight (although I'm due to head out for the evening shortly), and I'm sorry for leaving you all in the lurch and then not being available, but I need to spend time with the family too, especially on a weekend.

I may be able to do some more stuff tomorrow, and will certainly have chance during most evenings next week, so bear with me and I'll do what I can to get things working how you'd all like.

There will be some things that we cannot do, and some things will work differently here than how you're used to, but overall I'm hpoeful that most everyone will get used to it fairly soon.

Keep giving me feedback - positive and negative, I'm interested in it all, as it helps shape the site and how useful it is for everyone.

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Top Bottom