England : Suffolk Crafted Classique - Suffolk sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SimonJKH

Blue collar cyclist
I'll be stuck at work :sad:

SimonJKH

Blue collar cyclist
Saturday 30th I'm at work. Sunday 31st is the Framlingham 10k. I'm hopeful for Cycleswarm Ipswich though!

mattobrien

Guru
The forecast for the classique has now improved significantly. Looks like my excuse of going slowly as I am on the wet weather bike isn't one that I will be able to use.

I'll just start blaming the wind instead ^_^

Mike!

Guru
http://www.stelizabethhospice.org.u...t-on-your-bike-to-support-local-hospice-care/ on Sunday too, I was thinking of doing it but not sure I have the time available now.

A busy cycling weekend around here!

mattobrien

Guru
Just been doing my pre ride research and looking at the publicised rest stops for the 100 miler, they are as follows;

8.5 miles Newbourne
26 Miles Hollesley
35 miles Orford
50 miles Thorpness
77 Miles Brandeston

I'm kind of thinking that if you need to stop 8.5 miles into a 100 mile ride, then 100 miles probably isn't for you...

I think I'll be aiming for the Orford and Brandeston stops and will wave nicely at the folk that the other three stops.

Mike!

Guru
Just been doing my pre ride research and looking at the publicised rest stops for the 100 miler, they are as follows;

8.5 miles Newbourne
26 Miles Hollesley
35 miles Orford
50 miles Thorpness
77 Miles Brandeston

I'm kind of thinking that if you need to stop 8.5 miles into a 100 mile ride, then 100 miles probably isn't for you...

I think I'll be aiming for the Orford and Brandeston stops and will wave nicely at the folk that the other three stops.

Could be tempting if it's at the Fox though?

mattobrien

Guru
While I enjoyed the majority of the ride, that was probably the worst organised sportive I have been on. :angry:

My grumbles with it are as follows;
1. Registration was inside, but with three queues, one out of the door, meaning you couldn't really tell which queue you were supposed to join.
2. Riders were let off in groups of six, meaning big queue to get started, with a gap between groups. However, there was no safety briefing or anything on the line, like 100 miles follow yellow and 100kms follow white arrows etc. It was literally, off you go.
3. The selected roads were some of the sandiest you would want to ride on with 23mm tyres
4. Despite there being five stops on the 100 miles the first stop I used was the third at 35 miles. I was an earlyish starter and went at a fair pace, so I suspect I was one of the earlier arrivals at this stop, however they had run out of food. Speaking to a colleague today, by the time he got there they had also run out of water.

I am in two minds as to email the organisers as they can surely do a lot better than this next time...

Top Bottom