Cramp has left me limping this morning.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Woke up by a really painfull calf cramp last night. This morning I still have a painfull calf muscle and limping a bit.

I had planned a long hilly ride today as i am off and weather is ok. Is it wise to try and ride this off or should it be rested ?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I'd ride and just take it easy :smile: You might find on the bike it is not painful, or that during the ride the pain decreases/subsides completely. If the opposite happens and it gets worse, then call it a day.

MikeG

Guru
Stand on the bottom step facing up, (holding the newel posts), with just the balls of your feet on the tread. Relax your calves to allow your heels to drop, and just hold that at the lowest point for a while. Shuffle your heels further off the step so they can drop even lower. Do the same thing on one leg. Maybe get someone to massage some oil into your calves. You'll be fine.

OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Thanks for the replies.

40 hilly miles bit of stretching and a bath. Still a bit stiff but no pain now. I have been working long hours eating junk etc lately may have been the cause.

Was planning on a full day ride but didnt want to push my luck.

John the Canuck

..a long way from somewhere called Home..
[QUOTE="Banjo, post: 2985969, member: 4704".................. I have been working long hours eating junk etc lately may have been the cause....................[/QUOTE]

could well be lack of vitamins and dehydration

Top Bottom