CRAMP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Because you know the OP was hydrated enough?

lukesdad

What do you mean when you say salt tablets? Are they different to Nuun, High5, etc?

(I'm not trying to take the p1ss. I do generally want to know because we're on a tight budget, and I need to find a cheaper alternative to Nuun for this summer.)
FFS ...salt...tablet.. do you need a picture ?

or a packet of crisps IF YOU HAVE SALT CRAMPS - (easily distinguished as is somewhat more painful than ordinary cramp) but as has been said above most cramp is just down to not being fit enough

(taking salt in the form of tablets as a preventative is maybe a bit dodgy - I worked in the middle east - at one time we were all issued thousands of salts tablets on arrival with the instruction to take 4 a day- somebody tho noticed that among the expat community that there was an alarmingly high number of people with kidney stones - the tablets and their dispensers soon disappeared and there was not a sudden glut of people getting cramp despite working day on day in 35° to 40°)

lulubel

Über Member

I'm glad the majority of people on this site are civil. It's a shame about the few bad apples.

I generally make it a rule not to ignore people, but I don't need that kind of abuse when I ask a genuine question (and even add to my post to make it very clear that it is a genuine question), so I'll make an exception in your case. You're a rude and unpleasant person, and not someone I want to communicate with.

lulubel

Über Member
or a packet of crisps IF YOU HAVE SALT CRAMPS - (easily distinguished as is somewhat more painful than ordinary cramp) but as has been said above most cramp is just down to not being fit enough

(taking salt in the form of tablets as a preventative is maybe a bit dodgy - I worked in the middle east - at one time we were all issued thousands of salts tablets on arrival with the instruction to take 4 a day- somebody tho noticed that among the expat community that there was an alarmingly high number of people with kidney stones - the tablets and their dispensers soon disappeared and there was not a sudden glut of people getting cramp despite working day on day in 35° to 40°)

So, salt tablets are just sodium? They don't contain any other minerals?

That's what I was trying to find out.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Salt tablets are two different things? Do you mean they contain two different things? Would you care to clarify what the two different things are?
Salt is a crystallized mineral comprised mainly of sodium chloride

Sodium is a metal bound with chlorine which becomes NaCL which dissolves in water

IIRC 1G sodium is equivalent to 2.5g salt, that is for every g sodium you intake, you'd need 2.5g salt to get it

Sittingduck

Legendary Member

What do you mean 'more painful'?! :ohmy::surrender:

Ningishzidda

If you're a weakling, you get one type of cramp; and if you are sodium deficient, you get another type of cramp.
Sorted.

Ningishzidda

To measure the salt content of your sweat, collect 0.500 litres and drop a hydrometer in it. This will tell you the specific gravity and therefore the salt content. A normal human being should be equivalent to 'Summer sea water' on the Plimsoll line.

Top Bottom