Crane drivers' signals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
rich p said:
Arch - I'm telling you that you haven't lived until you've tried to pick up a cuddly toy worth 50p on a Palace Pier arcade 'attraction' costing a quid a go:biggrin:
that's almost as good - but the toys are better in Southend!

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
dellzeqq said:
Arch - I'm telling you that you haven't lived until you've had quality fun time with a self-erecting Potain crane. You work it by remote control, standing on a nearby building. It can take a tonne, which isn't much by crane standards, but, hey, once that load's in the air, under your control, you just don't want to let go of it.
http://www.potain.com/index.cfm

oooh! fun!

I once impressed a chap I knew, when I went to visit him in Edinbrugh, it was when the new Museum was being built. As we walked from the station, he was commenting on the big fixed cranes, and saying he and his flatmate had been trying to work out how they got the jib bit up to the top, and did they have to have another crane to hoist it up etc. Only the week before, I'd seen it on telly - the fact that they put the whole top bit on when the crane is still only a section or two near the ground, then jack the whole lot up and put another vertical bit under it and so on until it's high enough. He was so impressed that I knew that his first words to the flatmate when we got in were "This is Sue, she knows how they build cranes!"

Rich, yes, I know, I make a real effort to avoid those. My downfall is the penny and 2p cascade machines...

Top Bottom