Crank length

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
Someone I ride with took his bike in for some repairs, he got it bike and rode it for several months before discovering he had a 175mm and a 172.5mm crank fitted.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Thankfully I have a second crank set fitted so still riding the bike . The crank failed on holiday and a Lbs in Oswestry the Bike works did me a massive favour and got me up and running the same day with a second hand set . My cycling ocd is tested as I have a left hand black crank and silver chain set
In which case, wait for the new set and never look down.

I ride 170 and 175. Both are medium sized.
Big guys should find 175 to be small.
Petite women should regard 170mm as big.
Both should be envious that us med guys can faff around with minute changes in med crank lengrh.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
I Thought Id update you. The replacement cranks are here ^_^ . Nearly 18 months after warentry claim being fitted Monday can finally change my cassette which Ive run to death (18500 miles) . Got to a point I couldnt change the chain due to worn cassettte and worn chainrings and not wanting to replace due to warentry replacement incoming at some point

Someone I ride with took his bike in for some repairs, he got it bike and rode it for several months before discovering he had a 175mm and a 172.5mm crank fitted.

I did that myself - I think I had a Mavic SSC crank on the bike that was 172.5mm - the day before a sportif I noticed a crack on the LH crank so I swapped it for the only spare crank I had - a 170mm one.

Didn't notice any difference and rode it for a long time after that. I'm not even sure I ever replaced it with the right size !

2.5mm is nothing if you look at how long the leg is and how easy it is to stretch out your foot angle.

Top Bottom