Crank power meter for a 105 groupset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

livpoksoc

Guru
Been looking at power meters but not sure what I need. I have a 105 groupset that's a mix n match of Sram cranks, 105 lever and derailleur, sora front mech & cassette.

If I wanted a power meter crank, like this from 4iii would it fit or do I need a Sram specific one?

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
I'm guessing your crankset is an OCT one with a GXP bottom bracket in which case the only realistic option is to pick up a Stages LH in the correct length.

The other option may be something like a Power2max or xcadey spider based unit, both of which require minimal tools to fit (T25 Torx)

OP
OP
livpoksoc

livpoksoc

Guru
I'm guessing your crankset is an OCT one with a GXP bottom bracket in which case the only realistic option is to pick up a Stages LH in the correct length.

The other option may be something like a Power2max or xcadey spider based unit, both of which require minimal tools to fit (T25 Torx)
Not sure without taking it all apart. One of those annoying things where the lbs sold it to me as a complete 105 groupset and only now I want to start upgrading/fettling, do I realise it was a mish mash.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Don't need to. The LH crank should have 2 allen bolts in it, the outer one may have two pin holes.

This is just a cap, the inner one is 8mm and will push itself off the spindle against the outer

Top Bottom