Crash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Anyone see the crash on Stage 13 Narbonne to Nimes with about 10 km to go.....Sven Krauss....Spesh Tarmac bike smashed in half...oh...errr..ouch..

What a mess..............

Case for clipless for new riders here - i.e. you detatch in a crash.... ouch..flipping ouch !

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Yep. Saw it on the ITV4 coverage. I think he collided with a road centre sign. He was lucky to get up and walk away.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
The other riders did really well to avoid that. I note that his seatpost appeared to be clipless as well as that landed about 4 foot away ;)

Rob S

FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
I note that his seatpost appeared to be clipless as well as that landed about 4 foot away ;)

Wasn't the seatpost....his white saddle was very clearly still attached to the back half of the bike.

oops2.jpg

mondobongo

Über Member
Jeez he was lucky to walk away from that he didn't half go bike flew through the air and then when it was picked up was in 2 pieces.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
andy_wrx said:
Yeah, that's what happens if you ride a carbon fibre bike.

Now if it had been titanium...

(yawn) ;)
Modern rubbish, both of those.

If it had been 531 not only would it have been undamaged, it would have picked itself up, lifted the rider onto it's back and raced past the bunch at such speed the rider would have been in yellow that night with an unassailable lead.

yenrod

andy_wrx said:
Yeah, that's what happens if you ride a carbon fibre bike.

Now if it had been titanium...

(yawn) ;)

Maybe i'll stick with the alu - and will get that custom steel job !

Top Bottom