Craziest ride of the year !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zipp2001

Veteran
This was by far the craziest ride of the year for me. First my old riding partner Chris comes out for our first ride together in 10 or 11 years. He buys a bike the day before our ride and then gets a flat about 4 or 5 miles into the ride. We won't get into why I have nothing to change or fix a flat, as I always do on with my road bike. But I did take two bikes so we go back to the cars and grab my fat bike for Chris to use. That's where trouble number 2 starts as I took my keys out of the bike bag I left it 3/4 open, but for some reason when done with them I put them in the fat bike bike bag instead of my bike bag. Meaning we started to ride with my wallet in the bike bag 3/4 open. We hit the trails about a 1/2 mile in a proceed to do some single track and then come into a crazy flooded section where we have 6 big puddles we went rolling thru. All the time the wallet was making it's way out of the bag and I didn't notice. Well 2 miles in I stop to do a ride by shot of Chris and then realize my wallets gone. We then head back to the car thinking it fell out early in the ride. We ride right by the wallet on the side of the trail (brown wallet covered by fern) hard to see. No luck so we decided to do our ride and had a blast for 2 hour. Left the area changed and went out for pizza. After pizza I told Chris I was going to walk the whole trail puddles and all to take a closer look. He came along and at about the 1 3/4 mile mark Chris spots the wallet under a fern. Now that was a crazy fun adventure.
Lost and Found ! - YouTube

Last edited:

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
This was by far the craziest ride of the year for me. First my old riding partner Chris comes out for our first ride together in 10 or 11 years. He buys a bike the day before our ride and then gets a flat about 4 or 5 miles into the ride. We won't get into why I have nothing to change or fix a flat, as I always do on with my road bike. But I did take two bikes so we go back to the cars and grab my fat bike for Chris to use. That's where trouble number 2 starts as I took my keys out of the bike bag I left it 3/4 open, but for some reason when done with them I put them in the fat bike bike bag instead of my bike bag. Meaning we started to ride with my wallet in the bike bag 3/4 open. We hit the trails about a 1/2 mile in a proceed to do some single track and then come into a crazy flooded section where we have 6 big puddles we went rolling thru. All the time the wallet was making it's way out of the bag and I didn't notice. Well 2 miles in I stop to do a ride by shot of Chris and then realize my wallets gone. We then head back to the car thinking it fell out early in the ride. We ride right by the wallet on the side of the trail (brown wallet covered by fern) hard to see. No luck so we decided to do our ride and had a blast for 2 hour. Left the area changed and went out for pizza. After pizza I told Chris I was going to walk the whole trail puddles and all to take a closer look. He came along and at about the 1 3/4 mile mark Chris spots the wallet under a fern. Now that was a crazy fun adventure.
Lost and Found ! - YouTube
Zipp ~ Glad the story had a happy ending, and that you were able to temporarily disconnect from the worry and still get in a good day of riding with a friend! Now to get a flat kit together for your Mtb. You won’t always have another bike on hand. :okay:

OP
OP
Zipp2001

Zipp2001

Veteran
Now to get a flat kit together for your Mtb

I know I've been rolling the dice for years with the mtb which I never done in 40+ years with the road bike. It's going to rain all day tomorrow so I'll head off to the bike cave and just might put together a flat kit for the mtb.

DRM

Guru
Being Yorkshire born and bred, I wouldn't have been able rest until the wallet was found, I'd have felt sick to the stomach if I'd lost a £1 coin!
but glad it all turned out right in the end and you both got a good ride in

OP
OP
Zipp2001

Zipp2001

Veteran
Being Yorkshire born and bred, I wouldn't have been able rest until the wallet was found, I'd have felt sick to the stomach if I'd lost a £1 coin!
but glad it all turned out right in the end and you both got a good ride in

Chris was way more worried than I, and trust me there was a large amount of cash in it. I just knew we'd find it and wasn't going to get upset about it, and just go enjoy our ride.:bicycle:

craziest ride of the year
slo-mo for the win!
Zipps lost wallet b.jpg

but a 2 mile walk, after a cpl hrs riding ... ugh

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zipp2001

Zipp2001

Veteran
slo-mo for the win!
View attachment 601562
but a 2 mile walk, after a cpl hrs riding ... ugh

Great Photo of it. Thanks !

That was a great catch ! When I did the edit I was only looking for the wallet coming out of the bottom of the bike bag. Not realizing it would bounce up off the front tire before falling to the ground.
oh, is that what happened? I didn't know what I was looking for, plus stop/starting youtube videos isn't so accurate. all-in-all pretty amazing that you found it!

OP
OP
Zipp2001

Zipp2001

Veteran
I have a cpl places I'd like to switch from a road bike to a mountain bike & another where I'd like to switch from a mountain bike to a fat bike. maybe I can just stage the bikes in those places & lock them up! :wacko:

That sounds like a plan ! If you ever want to try a fat bike out let me know, I have the Gaint always eager to roll.

Top Bottom