Creating a route?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jmetz

I opted to use bikehike.co.uk to create a series of 6 routes, with the intention of printing of road by road directions a la google maps.

I got my routes and saved them as google earth files, but when i open each in google earth im struggling to come across the directions in the traditional word format :smile:

Anyone know how to extract this info from google earth? Or even maybe suggest a better route planning site.

OP
OP
Jmetz

Jmetz

anyone :smile:

Moonlight

bikeroutetoaster.com has route planning with directions, you can also input speed and climbing speed, it then calculates predicted journey time and has an altitude graph. Might be worth a shot.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Moonlight said:
bikeroutetoaster.com has route planning with directions, you can also input speed and climbing speed, it then calculates predicted journey time and has an altitude graph. Might be worth a shot.

Hoorah! I've been using bikehike to calulate mileages, but it can;t cope with following off road bike paths automatically - looks like toaster can!

bagpuss

Guru
I always stick to using a map,normally landranger.By working from a map and writing it down you learn the route.Clip route outline to your bars.
Half the fun is in the planning.

yello

bagpuss said:
Half the fun is in the planning.

Agreed. I use a map to plan my ride... and then plot it on the web (a map again) and load it to my 305 :hugs:

In doing that, I do get a feel for the route in advance. It's best of both worlds! :rolleyes:

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Jmetz said:
on the bike route toaster

i cant seem to find where you enter your start and finish post codes....

It doesn't have that feature it's point and click. It does produce superb routing maps for garmin devices though especially with the ability to set the turn warning distance.

Top Bottom