Creative Zen MP3 player - respect!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Pulled me lycra out of the washing machine and there was me MP3 player. Bugger. Let it drain, left it on the windowsill to dry in its own time, and to my amazement it's still working! Nice & clean too...:ohmy:

This has happened to me in the past and I have wrapped it up in a towel or something and stuck it on the radiator.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
These solid state devices just need to be dried carefully if the get wet, so long as they are not turned on when wet, they are fine...

Globalti

Legendary Member
Er... my Blackberry was not happy after I cycled with it in my jersey back pocket one cold day and it got damp with perspiration. It was never right after that and ended up having new insides fitted under warranty.

Dan B

Disengaged member
Sweat is a good deal more corrosive than ordinary water, but I am guessing also your blackberry was turned on? That wouldn't help either

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I usually have my phone with me in jersey pocket when I go out on the bike (for taking photos, mostly, but also for emergenices). But I always have it inside a small placcy bag (actually a dog-poo bag :angry: ) which protects against sweat/rain etc.

iain

Small electronic devices that have been wet can be unbricked by burying them in uncooked rice or if you have them silca gel bags to draw the moisture out.

I resurrected a phone this way a couple of years ago after being caught is a summer storm.

Now I carry a resealable bag in my saddle pack.

I've got 2 Creative Zens - daughter gave me her old one when she upgraded to an Ipod - and the things just keep on trucking... Both have dodgy battery covers, and one actually comes to pieces. Both have been through rain, sun, hot and cold weather. I really feel I've had value for money from them.

D

Deleted member 1258

Fnaar said:
I usually have my phone with me in jersey pocket when I go out on the bike (for taking photos, mostly, but also for emergenices). But I always have it inside a small placcy bag (actually a dog-poo bag :laugh: ) which protects against sweat/rain etc.

I always keep my phone in my saddle bag, less chance of falling on it and smashing it if I have an off.
I have a Creative Zen, the 32gig one, and I agree with the others, they are tough, though I haven't put it through the washing machine, yet.

PBancroft

I have a Creative Zen Vision M, and its not quite as tough as outlined above. I used to use it for watching movies whilst at the gym but when I quit I put it in a drawer in my study and promptly forgot about it.

Found it a week ago. Battery flat and refuses to charge (either from plug or USB). Took it apart and it seems pretty easy to replace the battery with a new one, but sod it I've got a Nano and that does me nicely.

Top Bottom