Creative Zen MP3 player - respect!

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by swee'pea99, 20 Apr 2010.

1. swee'pea99

swee'pea99 Legendary Member

Pulled me lycra out of the washing machine and there was me MP3 player. Bugger. Let it drain, left it on the windowsill to dry in its own time, and to my amazement it's still working! Nice & clean too...:ohmy:

2. hackbike 666

hackbike 666 Guest

This has happened to me in the past and I have wrapped it up in a towel or something and stuck it on the radiator.

3. HJ

HJ Cycling in Scotland

These solid state devices just need to be dried carefully if the get wet, so long as they are not turned on when wet, they are fine...

4. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

Er... my Blackberry was not happy after I cycled with it in my jersey back pocket one cold day and it got damp with perspiration. It was never right after that and ended up having new insides fitted under warranty.

5. Dan B

Dan B Disengaged member

Sweat is a good deal more corrosive than ordinary water, but I am guessing also your blackberry was turned on? That wouldn't help either

6. HJ

HJ Cycling in Scotland

I agree with coruskate, if the device isn't powered up it is at far less risk of damage.

7. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

I usually have my phone with me in jersey pocket when I go out on the bike (for taking photos, mostly, but also for emergenices). But I always have it inside a small placcy bag (actually a dog-poo bag :angry: ) which protects against sweat/rain etc.

8. iain

iain Active Member

Small electronic devices that have been wet can be unbricked by burying them in uncooked rice or if you have them silca gel bags to draw the moisture out.

I resurrected a phone this way a couple of years ago after being caught is a summer storm.

Now I carry a resealable bag in my saddle pack.

9. I've got 2 Creative Zens - daughter gave me her old one when she upgraded to an Ipod - and the things just keep on trucking... Both have dodgy battery covers, and one actually comes to pieces. Both have been through rain, sun, hot and cold weather. I really feel I've had value for money from them.

10. dave r

dave r Dunking Diddy Dave Pedalling Pensioner

I always keep my phone in my saddle bag, less chance of falling on it and smashing it if I have an off.
    I have a Creative Zen, the 32gig one, and I agree with the others, they are tough, though I haven't put it through the washing machine, yet.

11. PBancroft

PBancroft Senior Member

I have a Creative Zen Vision M, and its not quite as tough as outlined above. I used to use it for watching movies whilst at the gym but when I quit I put it in a drawer in my study and promptly forgot about it.

Found it a week ago. Battery flat and refuses to charge (either from plug or USB). Took it apart and it seems pretty easy to replace the battery with a new one, but sod it I've got a Nano and that does me nicely.

12. I wrap my phone in clingfilm before I head out for a ride to stop it from getting clammy /wet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice