Credibility of touring for charity

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I agree with Kirstie (and I'm so sorry about your Aunt).

I'm very wary of organised charity rides and wouldn't do one, but used my bike tour in May to raise £1500 for an organisation I volunteer with here in Leeds. Now I'm back, it gives me enormous pleasure to think that there was a lasting benefit from my bike ride apart from the wonderful memories and (temporarily) my best ever bottom!

Thanks Cathryn...I too am looking forward to having buns of steel...;o)

Danny

Legendary Member
Don't want to re-run this debate, but provided you aren't using your sponsorship to subsidise your holiday I can't see a problem.

I am sure you and Catherine could also raise a small fortune from some CC members by auctioning photos of your "buns of steel" - but I probably shouldn't go there :smile:

U

User482

Kirstie, your situation is similar to mine - I raised money for MacMillan in memory of my grandfather and uncle, both of whom received their fantastic support. I suggest you post back here with a "justgiving" page - I'd like to sponsor you.

I'm very sorry to hear your news.

User482 said:
Kirstie, your situation is similar to mine - I raised money for MacMillan in memory of my grandfather and uncle, both of whom received their fantastic support. I suggest you post back here with a "justgiving" page - I'd like to sponsor you.

I'm very sorry to hear your news.

Thanks User482 - it is truly sh1te and we are all devastated. Anyway, I'm going to set up the page next week - when the other half comes back and can take a decent shot of me for the page. Also waiting for materials from pancreatic cancer UK.

Top Bottom