credit card fraud and a cycle parts supplier

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Sad that some are blackening the name of a good supplier. Paypal does indeed for some seem the way, however is that fool proof?

No it certainly isn't.
I have been scammed twice on paypal, however they were very quick to refund and investigate.

Nearly there

Veteran
Ive been the victim of fraud,I once checked my bank balance and It was over £500 Less than It should of been I phoned the bank and asked why and they said I had paid for flights to Atlanta US:wacko:erm no I dont think so,I went into the bank and they asked me what id used the card for lately so I started to rhyme off as soon as I said Sky they said that was where id had my details nicked(dunno how they knew) as they'd had an influx of people who'd had recently paid Sky over the phone and then been victims of fraud and the police were investigating.I got my money back quick but its a weird feeling knowing someone nicked and used my details,not nice.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Sad that some are blackening the name of a good supplier. Paypal does indeed for some seem the way, however is that fool proof?
Nothing in this life is foolproof.

All you can hope for is, if things go wrong, the service provider takes your side and puts matters right pronto.

Fubar

Guru
If you use a credit card for payment, then for purchases over £100 you get considerably more protection due to Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act.
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/section75-protect-your-purchases
You will not get the same protection from Paypal.

+1. Also using a credit card is far preferrable to a debit card as you are not paying for transactions up front - and credit card transactions can be frozen whilst an investigation takes place. I'd NEVER use a debit card online.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I've never had a problem using my debit card online... but i did once work for a large online retailer screening their orders for potentially fraudulent ones. Most were fine but I'd guess there were a good 10-15 orders a day which were too suspect to let through.

Top Bottom