Credit card touring Majorca

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coderqi

Regular
I'm thinking about doing a 2 week credit card touring trip in Majorca. Wondering how easy it is to find random b&b's?

If so, what price per night would I be looking at? In the past i've done wild camping, but doesn't seem to be an option in Majorca, and not sure I want to do that in December.

Any other nearby suggestions welcome.

EDIT: On second thoughts, Majorca seems a bit small. Now considering Sardinia...

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
You can choose either country they have both got lots of mountains. Majorca has plenty enough to keep you occupied for 2 weeks. Its an all year round tourist island so accommdation should not be a problem.

jay clock

Massive member
I have done Corsica and Sardinia is quite similar. And well rated. Personally December weather and lack of light would be unattractive to me. Cagliari (fair bit warmer than inland/high up is 12 average temp in December. I suspect most tours facilities will be closed. Mallorca more open but also more built up. A week in Mallorca I would have done a full lap so not sure 2 weeks would cut it.

Sorry to be negative but I can't find an easy option for mid winter in Europe.

OP
OP
C

coderqi

Regular
I have done Corsica and Sardinia is quite similar. And well rated. Personally December weather and lack of light would be unattractive to me. Cagliari (fair bit warmer than inland/high up is 12 average temp in December. I suspect most tours facilities will be closed. Mallorca more open but also more built up. A week in Mallorca I would have done a full lap so not sure 2 weeks would cut it.

Sorry to be negative but I can't find an easy option for mid winter in Europe.

Thanks Jay. I'm not sure myself. I've found I will be on enforced furlough during December so timing isn't optional.

I'm also not really keen, and don't have the time, to pre plan the entire trip, so was hoping for somewhere where I can just ride and find a bnb at a suitable nearish town/city, at least with only planning on the day on sort of where i'm going to end up.

Also not too keen on having a single base for the trip; much prefer to cycle around and stay at different places.

@jay/anyone: Any recommendations on anywhere slightly further afield? Roads must be good enough for a road bike.

OP
OP
C

coderqi

Regular
You can choose either country they have both got lots of mountains. Majorca has plenty enough to keep you occupied for 2 weeks. Its an all year round tourist island so accommdation should not be a problem.

Do you find the accommodation is of the type where you can just cycle around and find a place that day/evening within a town/city? Or is it more geared to having a single base?

jay clock

Massive member
A week (no more) of day rides in Lanzarote. I can give you some routes. But based in one place not touring

I had the dilemma 10 years ago and went to NZ!

Top Bottom