'Credit Card' touring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Z

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Why would you need any different clothes for each day? What's difficult about washing your stuff before going to bed and letting it dry by morning?

andym

Über Member
bigjim said:
What an extremely rude and unpleasant reply.

Sorry if the tone was irritable/irritated, but your post deserved a robust response. Heck, you weren't even talking from direct experience.

Like it or not climate change is something we all have to take seriously and we all can do something to help. Hiding behind excuses about how difficult it is to use public transport isn't going to help.

bigjim

Legendary Member
Sorry if the tone was irritable/irritated, but your post deserved a robust response. Heck, you weren't even talking from direct experience.

Like it or not climate change is something we all have to take seriously and we all can do something to help. Hiding behind excuses about how difficult it is to use public transport isn't going to help.
What experience would you like? CTC fuly loaded? Calais to Marseille fully loaded? Manchester to Torquay using YHAs and wild camp in a field with only carradice s/bag as luggage? Climate change has yet to be proven to be a fault of the human race. I was not hiding behind anything. I was asking if anybody had any experience of this! Nobody has to subscribe to your, or my idea of touring. The post did not deserve a "robust response". Now who is hiding behind excuses? Your irritability and unnecessarily aggressive reply does nothing to encourage sensible, balanced discussion. It also serves to put possible new posters from joining these forums and havng their say. Do you not think we meet enough impolite, aggressive behaviour out on the roads without bringing it here?

andym

Über Member
How about some direct experience of travelling on trains with a bike before you try putting people of using them?

Your post got the response it deserved.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Stop squabbling now!;)

If you disagree with another post it isn't necessary to call it 'complete and utter rubbish' IMHO. There are better ways of challenging than aggression especially on T&E. Save it for Politics and Life maybe.

bigjim

Legendary Member
How about some direct experience of travelling on trains with a bike before you try putting people of using them?

Your post got the response it deserved.
Traveled back on the train from Torquay with the bike. OH and in 2000 Zurich to Milan [superb views] Was not an attempt to put people off the train. I love trains and use them a lot. But I'm also open to other peoples opinions and ideas. When I have been touring fully loaded I often wished I was on a light fast racing machine on some of the routes rather than a heavy tourer and the car idea was IMHO one way of achieving this. Thats all. Nothing sinister. It's a shame that you have took the line you have as it seems you may have the experience to contribute in a positive way to my enquiry. However I agree all this is bickering is pointless and I will take this innocent enquiry to another cycling forum where I may receive a more pleasant response. I just hope there are no non-members reading this, that may be intimidated from joining and asking a question that may provoke such a hostile reply. As to the "response it deserved". I am not the only one that thinks you are wrong. Obviously our ideas of acceptable behaviour differ. Good luck with yours.

Jim

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
rich p said:
Stop squabbling now!:biggrin:

If you disagree with another post it isn't necessary to call it 'complete and utter rubbish' IMHO. There are better ways of challenging than aggression especially on T&E. Save it for Politics and Life maybe.

Oi! Do you mind! That's complete and utter rubbish. P & L is super polite.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom