Credit where it's due

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I was very pleasantly surprised by the post office this morning.
A while ago I sold a Nerf gun on eBay, I got £11 for it and it cost £9 to post. Fast forward to last week and the buyer says it's not arrived (2nd class, not tracked).

I issued a full refund, then filled out a claim to the PO and provided eBay item number and proof of postage (glad I kept the receipt).

This morning I had a letter from the PO apologising for letting me down. And enclosed was a cheque for £20.60!

I honestly expected either nothing, or a letter saying that the info I provided was insufficient and can I send them a blood sample and evidence of my great uncle's shoe size.

Well done post office!

£9 to send a nerf gun? How flipping big and heavy was it!!

OP
OP
E

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
£9 to send a nerf gun? How flipping big and heavy was it!!
It wasn't heavy but the main bit was quite long. I ended up using a box that was too short and made an extension, so in the end the box looked like it wrapped up a house with a pointy roof. It was a modulus regulator

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I contacted a UK frame builder on 21/3/2022 via it's Instagram account hoping for a reply either today or tomorrow .

Just after 8 pm yesterday i was swapping messages with them and got all the answers i needed to make a decision re a bike i am looking at locally.

Some companies could learn from the small ones ^_^

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I contacted a UK frame builder on 21/3/2022 via it's Instagram account hoping for a reply either today or tomorrow .

Just after 8 pm yesterday i was swapping messages with them and got all the answers i needed to make a decision re a bike i am looking at locally.

Some companies could learn from the small ones ^_^
Presumably you've made an error with the date? It is great service, no doubt about that but having been on the other end as a supplier responding to customers over the weekend I'm less sure it's great for the supplier.

When I worked I originally thought using all the available technology to respond quickly to a customer was the way to go. If I had my time again the phone would be switched off at 5.00pm Friday. Otherwise one quickly starts to work 24/7 but only get paid for 40 hours/week.

There's a lesson there for people as well.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@PaulSB totally agree , I thought twice about replying as we are all allowed time away.

I did say thank you at the end of the messages which is the least I could do

presta

Guru
When I made a will last year it arrived like this:
1648044085483.jpeg
1648044104850.jpeg

I've also had medical records turn up in much the same state.

Top Bottom