Cree lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

eldridge

Hi folks

I have a few Cree front lights the light is great but the batteries are not so.

I’ve stripped one down and the thin tin strips have snapped or worn through, is there anyway to repair these?

or do folks know of a more sturdy battery?

thanks for any pointers

Eldridge.

Are you talking about a battery compartment within the light or a sealed battery unit that connects to the light?
Are the thin tin strips you mention the battery contacts?

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
@fossyant used to make up battery packs for his lights. I think the holders were from Maplins so you probably need to source via the internet, but certainly doable. There will be a thread from a few years ago.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You can buy the battery cases on ebay or the likes of Ali Expesss, then you buy the batteries from the UK. Search solarstorm or pannovo 18650 battery holder.

I got mine a few years back.

OP
OP
eldridge

eldridge

You can see the intact one on the left and the broken one on the right.

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
Not sure what the brown mark is. Corrosion? Leaking battery electrolyte? Assuming the failure is purely mechanical there’s no reason you shouldn’t just solder a short wire to join the ends of the metal strip.

OP
OP
eldridge

eldridge

Not sure what the brown mark is. Corrosion? Leaking battery electrolyte? Assuming the failure is purely mechanical there’s no reason you shouldn’t just solder a short wire to join the ends of the metal strip.

yep that’s what I thought, after having another go I think I’ve cracked it.

thanks for the replies.

Eldridge.

Top Bottom