Cree t6 ordered

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Linford

I've charged it and it gone green?!? Good enough or overnight

As I understand it, these lithium chargers carry on charging even when they say they aren't and the batteries can give a false return to the chargers, so I'd be inclined to keep it charging until the morning and then top it up every few rides.
I used mine straight out of the box when delivered to work, and it conked out after about an hour and a half.

Linford

Until you charged it or just gave up completey

I got it home, charged it up overnight and it has been fine ever since. I use it day and night whenever I go out. Day to reduce the risk of smidsy's, night to see where I'm going...not riding at night at the moment though if honest, and haven't done since Octoberish..too much else in my life going on.

OP
OP
Andy clarke

Andy clarke

I got it home, charged it up overnight and it has been fine ever since. I use it day and night whenever I go out. Day to reduce the risk of smidsy's, night to see where I'm going...not riding at night at the moment though if honest, and haven't done since Octoberish..too much else in my life going on.
Fair enough mate needs must I've got to stop riding my road bike I just cannot get comfortable on it got the ten tonne MTb out

Linford

Lower back and lead knee

It doesn't sound set up right. You also need to pace yourself a bit. It takes time to get your cycling fitness up...months and months..just don't overdo it or you will scare yourself off.

crazyjoe101

I've got a T6 on the way too (bog standard single unit), I'll be using a C & B seen diffuser with mine as well. I'll also upgrade the batteries even though I'm sure the nomal ones will be fine for my riding, it'll mainly be to have a backup pack. Having a bespoke cell charger will also increase the performance and longevity of your battery pack.

I have never had a problem, but like any electrical item fire is always a risk.
I sometimes think my computer is about to self ignite, the heat that comes off it., mind you two 550 geforce graphics cards, currently 4 hard drives I am not surprised really.

Urgh, you've just reminded me that I have to re-apply the thermal paste to my CPU and GPU as well as install the new case fans :sad:.

@Andy clarke I built mainly for photo editing which it does well at. Re. the T6 the only problem I had was when I went out last Wed and I though it fully charged, it went red after about 8 miles on full, made it back about 4 miles before it died after putting it on low I could see well enough but not ideal. I then as you know fried it the following morning testing a fully charged battery.

OP
OP
Andy clarke

Andy clarke

@Andy clarke I built mainly for photo editing which it does well at. Re. the T6 the only problem I had was when I went out last Wed and I though it fully charged, it went red after about 8 miles on full, made it back about 4 miles before it died after putting it on low I could see well enough but not ideal. I then as you know fried it the following morning testing a fully charged battery.
The light on the back goes red??

Top Bottom