Cree t6 ordered

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crazyjoe101

Could do with newer cooler case but like everything money .......

I shelled out on a nice case but got cheap, nasty and noisy fans just so I had something which worked; I'll upgrade it all after Christmas. (And now to sneak in some on-topic content :whistle:) Like cycling, enthusiast computing can be expensive, which is what's good about things like the T6 light.

OP
OP
Andy clarke

Andy clarke

I shelled out on a nice case but got cheap, nasty and noisy fans just so I had something which worked; I'll upgrade it all after Christmas. (And now to sneak in some on-topic content :whistle:) Like cycling, enthusiast computing can be expensive, which is what's good about things like the T6 light.
:laugh: No worries

The light on the back goes red??
Yea when the battery gets low, but it doesn't give you long, you do get a green/amber/red type thing but its difficult to see change, the only draw back, as more expensive lights give more warning.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Don't charge overnight. Charge where you can keep an eye on them. I charge mine in a tin box on the garage floor. Look at the t6 thread within accessories for all you need to know.

OP
OP
Andy clarke

Andy clarke

You're making me jealous. I have a diffused lens sitting on my desk but no light yet lol.
The wait is worth it :hungry:

Lincov

Couple of tips for the Cree T6 - firstly, make sure you disconnect the light from the battery when you're not using it, rather than just turning light off, else the battery drains in no time. Secondly, tighten the screw onto the mounting bracket regularly - I've had the light come off twice when riding, fortunately haven't lost the screw yet! Otherwise it's a great purchase for the price.

n3rdy

I've just had a look at the Cree and is it just a front light? If so what rear lights are you guys running?

n3rdy

I use a couple of Cateyes, if you want a blinding rear light that runs off a battery pack then @fossyant will hopefully be along to say what star powered rears he has.
Cheers, just looking at putting an order in on Amazon so wanted to get it all at the same time (although I think they might be sold via independant sellers). Which model of cateye do you have? Looking at getting some lights for my new commute which is ten miles each way

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
2 x C&BSeen big rear lights plus 2 Smart R2's (new model). The C&B lights run of the same batteries as the T6/U2 lights.

Last edited:
Top Bottom