Cresswell Fold-it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gonzales

Regular
Just been fitting new tyres to my Cresswell Fold-It. Finding refitting the rear wheel with its Sachs Super 7 speed hub a bit of a faff. Found it's much easier to do with the bike wheels on the ground rather then having the bike upside down.

Came across these in the process of digging out our my old Cresswell paperwork:

4pUouV1.jpg

K5XGOKt.jpg

GkwdrGI.jpg

The last is an ad in 'The Folder' magazine Dec 1996. I'll bet no one makes pamphlet style mags like that now during the internet age.

Last edited:

Pongo pongo

I've had a Brilliant Bicycles Fold-it in the collection for ages, but I've hardly ever ridden it. It was a lucky find in the Free-Ads paper in the days before e-bay.
It's all high spec., like all Pashleys, but mine only has a three gear SA hub brake with ridiculously low gearing- which reminds me why I hardly ever ride it.
There was also a 16" version - the Micro- which had quite a short wheelbase and, if I remember right, was even twitchier than a Brompton. I'd love to find one of those kicking around somewhere.
Nice forum. I'll Probably visit quite often.

robgul

Legendary Member
Just been fitting new tyres to my Cresswell Fold-It. Finding refitting the rear wheel with its Sachs Super 7 speed hub a bit of a faff. Found it's much easier to do with the bike wheels on the ground rather then having the bike upside down.

Came across these in the process of digging out our my old Cresswell paperwork:

View attachment 465092

View attachment 465093

View attachment 465094

The last is an ad in 'The Folder' magazine Dec 1996. I'll bet no one makes pamphlet style mags like that now during the internet age.

It just happens that I know Richard Cresswell, although I haven't seen him for a while .... the lady in the picture is Mrs Cresswell!

The Cresswell business was acquired by Pashleys in Stratford-upon-Avon and they manufactured the Micro for a while.

Rob

adietri

Hi, anybody who knows the seatpost diameter of the cresswell fold-it? 29.8 mm is to big and 27.2 mm to small. Is it 28.6 mm (1 1/8") ?
Thanks for feedback

Javelin301

Been waiting for an excuse to show off my Creswell Micro. I got it to take on my boat and it does the job really well. It's compact,robust, quite light and easy to get on and off the boat. Rides well, 3 speed- but I do get overtaken by Dutch Mums and their kids on the school run.The antique wooden fruit box is an optional extra and I store the seat post, rack and saddle seperately when I've been using it. Without the rack most of the seat post slides away.

Javelin301

I bought my Micro on Ebay some years ago. It had been well fettled and all I've ever had to do is adjust the gear cable now and then. Haven't seen them for sale often since but just had a look and someone seems to have five of the Pashley badged ones for sale on Ebay now. Had some good links to information in the pitch including this.
http://www.atob.org.uk/folding-bikes/budget-commuters/

Might be a bit pricey though

Javelin301

My mistake. Those five bikes are Fold It models. Only 14 hours left on the first one as of Friday morning so this might not get moderated in time.

Last edited:

Javelin301

Me too, they didn't sell last time but you never know.

Seems to me that any viable alternatives to the very expensive folders must be worth investigating though. My Cresswell Micro suits me I could have bought at least 8 of them for the price of a second hand B..........

Top Bottom