Cricket...'as you were'...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
England seem to be rubbish if the bowlers do not perform as the batting line up is very unreliable. The way Peterson got out in the second innings was terrible. The guy just cannot try and bat-out for a draw. The bowlers just knew if they bowled short and the ball went high he could not help but play the pull shot. It was embarrassing to watch I am sure that he got 2 top edges before they got him out with it. He is just not a team player in my eyes it's all about watching him perform, and most of the time he fails. As crap as the others were, he wins for outright stupidity in my book, time and time again.
Can't disagree with any of that. My only other nominee for crappiest performance by an English batsman (and let's face it, the competition was fierce) would be Strauss. To get out like that, in that situation, particularly after his first 'innings', would have been shameful for any top order batsman - but for the captain...

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
facepalm.gif

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Bairstow's performance and maybe Finn's are at least 2 positives. The rest have been average or shite.

It's hard to find a weakness in this SA team.

I dunno if Prior had not of dropped Amla when he had scored next to nothing it probably would of been much closer. Was not an easy catch but considering how piss poor Englands batting is, those catches just cannot be dropped.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
we've had a really purple patch - the best since Peter May's time. Let's be thankful for that.

Top Bottom