Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
OK, so we've probably established the facts. But surely you can see how this would be read:

What's unlikely??

Anyway, probably best to let it lie, I should stop actually reading what people post ... :P
That there was any connection with racism in cricket given the content of what I posted.

I should stop trying to write what I mean 😊

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I know it's a very long discussion, so I'll just quote the previous relevant post:

Pale Rider said: Looks like Michael Holding has also thrown in the towel, although I'm not aware of any connection with racism in cricket.
Bonefish Blues said: I really think that's rather unlikely...
[then linked to the Guardian article]
I still can't see anyone suggesting that he's retiring on anything but his own terms.

I have just discovered that 10 over cricket, T10, is a thing. If you thought T20 was a slog fest, you ain't seen nothing...
Wasn’t it being called ‘The Hundred’ or something, or maybe I’m thinking of something else.
If cricket is going to be shortened to such an extent, why don’t they just play ‘Owzat!’?

Nope, different thing entirely:

https://ttensports.com/
Another version of the game to ignore. :thumbsdown:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Playing this test a week too early for the weather……..lets hope it gets going on time

No surprise to see England out cheaply but being bundled out in 65 overs is pi$$ poor!
Heads should roll, starting with the coach and everyone with a flawed technique.
Having a domestic scene where the short forms of the game are more prevalent does not help.
The powers that be will have to decide if the money generated by the slog-and-run game is better for English cricket or to patch up county cricket for the benefit of the Test team.
Australia seem to manage it but not England. 🤔

Top Bottom