Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
OK stattos - how many opening partnerships over 50 have we (ENG) had this year?!?
I'm no use at stats but I reckon it's a first sighting.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I went for a little walk at tea and got back to hear two wickets had fallen. I'm not going to risk going anywhere from now on!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
It's a fascinating season of cricket. England played a kind of ''fortune favours the brave'' style of cricket against NZ and along come India upping it to ''fortune favours the even braver'' in their first innings. And England haven't folded, instead they've been playing some pretty restrained cricket in their 2nd innings. Admittedly, there are white ball cricket shots in the mix so it's not classical test play, but it's dead entertaining.

And on wickets like these, they can manage to make tests last 5 days again. That had almost disappeared from the English game.

newts

Veteran
I think we could forgive England if they don't win tomorrow, it's been entertaining so far this summer. All the teams have had bad fielding moments/sessions, cricket very much the winner. Alas we'll all be getting the Hundred commercial rounders rammed down our throats very soon.

Top Bottom