Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

newts

Veteran
.... I suspect the Twenty20 on Thursday will be LESS exciting.

We saw a very entertaining T20 at Taunton yesterday🍻🍻🍻

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
It goes to show how important confidence is in cricket. If you look back over the years on this thread I've urged supporters to get behind the team and not be negative, as this actually benefits the team performance. The positivity mantra only works if the crowd and media get fully onboard

I expect there will be disasters in the future where we are skittled for 150 but I hope when this happens supporters remember their part to play

So I don't care if we lose today. If we lose I say "go and do exactly the same again next time"

It goes to show how important confidence is in cricket. If you look back over the years on this thread I've urged supporters to get behind the team and not be negative, as this actually benefits the team performance. The positivity mantra only works if the crowd and media get fully onboard

I expect there will be disasters in the future where we are skittled for 150 but I hope when this happens supporters remember their part to play

So I don't care if we lose today. If we lose I say "go and do exactly the same again next time"

I completely agree.

The subtlety that might come in is when they play away - or in fact any match with a "normal" ball, not this new quick-wearing thing.
Would that make Bazball a much less profitable tactic? I don't know; there seem to be a number of factors involved ...

Meanwhile, what is KP thinking:
"Wait a minute - they're all out there slogging, reverse sweeps, ramps, charging down in the 2nd over .... but *I'm* the bad guy??"

1657009139332.png

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I completely agree.

The subtlety that might come in is when they play away - or in fact any match with a "normal" ball, not this new quick-wearing thing.
Would that make Bazball a much less profitable tactic? I don't know; there seem to be a number of factors involved ...

Meanwhile, what is KP thinking:
"Wait a minute - they're all out there slogging, reverse sweeps, ramps, charging down in the 2nd over .... but *I'm* the bad guy??"

View attachment 651548

Of course, one swallow does not a summer make

But what was interesting was what happened to the Indian attack. Usually the script is clear; chasing 390 in 4th innings against a good attack with lots of time in the game. Batting side try to edge the score up but the bowlers get into rhythm and eventually the batters get a ball with their name on it. Result is skittled for 220

Indian attack was all over the place when they went at 5 an over in first 20. Confidence works both ways

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
not long to wait now......if bairstow and root are still there at 11am, then the match wont get past 12pm

newts

Veteran
England have attacked hard in the 4th inning run chases this summer. They bullied the India opening bowlers @ 5/over, wickets either side of the interval & then the middle order carried on the attack. Was this the biggest opening test stand of the summer?

Alex321

Veteran
England have attacked hard in the 4th inning run chases this summer. They bullied the India opening bowlers @ 5/over, wickets either side of the interval & then the middle order carried on the attack. Was this the biggest opening test stand of the summer?

It was the biggest opening stand by England this year, yes. I think they had one earlier in this series, but that wasn't this year of course.

I need to stay out of this thread now, if I want to watch the highlights without already knowing the result.

Top Bottom