Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
not long to wait now......if bairstow and root are still there at 11am, then the match wont get past 12pm

its 12:00:41pm - all over - well done england, root and bairstow

Well, a scientist would say that your prediction is wrong. As an engineer, I would say that you were right. It didn't go to 12:01, so didn't get past 12pm within your declared accuracy.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Begs the question ... should Virat still be cap?

He's not, Bumrah is cap for this test because Sharma has COVID.

Alex321

Veteran
I suspect when it comes to the South Africa series, if they win the toss, they will NOT be batting first, no matter what the conditions.

England seem happy to chase anything in the 4th innings, just treating it like a one-day run chase.

To get that total, with only 3 wickets down, and in only 77 overs (run rate 4.9) is just bonkers. But great to watch.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Loved the positivity.

Watching Bairstow and Root build a formidable, winning innings was delicious. Bairstow has learned how to defend. Watched him a fair bit for his county - often out with straight balls early days

No longer a "team". It is a "group". Baz has them properly brainwashed, to good effect.

Anyone else feel it's slightly disturbing to hear English cricketers being happy and confident in media interviews? It's just not cricket. No?

I suspect when it comes to the South Africa series, if they win the toss, they will NOT be batting first, no matter what the conditions.

England seem happy to chase anything in the 4th innings, just treating it like a one-day run chase.

To get that total, with only 3 wickets down, and in only 77 overs (run rate 4.9) is just bonkers. But great to watch.

I think we will go into next months SA tests more buoyant than I can remember ... but no gimme against the world no.3's that's for sure.

geocycle

Legendary Member
I’m interested in the management style. It has gone from the highly controlled top down approach that is becoming outdated in most businesses, to providing a safe space where talented individuals can express themselves. I try to do this in my own role wherever possible, but probably fail miserably! The one thing I have picked up is the importance of clarity of purpose which has certainly worked for YJB.

Last edited:
Men vs boys in that T20 tonight, India were excellent.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I found it odd that england didnt name bairstow and stokes for the T20 series, due to the fact it was too close to the india test match. India had no such issues naming Bumrah, Pant, Kohli and Sharma

Top Bottom