Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Smith failed, for a change, out for 80
Shocking. I suppose everyone has the occasional off day.

Apparently Smith isn't just the highest scoring batsman of the series, despite missing one test altogether; he's scored more than twice as many runs as Ben Stokes, who's next highest. Bonkers.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
As Boycott said, Buttler should have possibly played further up the batting order..
He should be up, Root should be down, Roy shouldn't have been there at all, Leach could go up a bit, but we seem to have found an opening pair. Other than that, nice settled batting lineup :laugh:

Glad we squared the series I think it was a fairly even contest, Australia's bowling attack is probably the most consistent in test matches at the moment .
Archer is going to be immense and I like the look of Curran, our future bowling prospects look pretty good. Batting erm I'll pass on that for now there are some up and coming batters, but I have not seen enough of them to comment just yet.
Lastly my last mention of the cheat(honest) I wish pundits and commentators would stop comparing him to Donald Bradman , he is not fit to lace his boots.
The Don to my knowledge was never banned for cheating, nor did he allow a culture of cheating and bad sportsmanship to thrive in his dressing room .
Ps great series for Broad too

Last edited:
Well, that's the County Championship concluded with.

Essex well-worthy winners (in my unbiased opinion :whistle:) after drawing with Somerset in an exciting final game.

In addition to winning the county 1st division title, they won the national T/20 final last week.

And to top it off, my old club, Brentwood CC won the Essex Premier League.

My next game will be on the beach in India in January where I expect the wicket to be damp and will take a lot of spin. :becool:

AndyRM

XOXO
Really pleased to see Scotland qualify for the T20 World Cup next year with an excellent win over the UAE, especially after we missed out on this years 50 over version.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Bob Willis has drawn stumps... RIP Bob.

Rocky

Hello decadence
RIP Bob - I remember watching the final day of the 1981 3rd test. I was sitting having a haircut in a barbers shop in the Roman Road, Bethnal Green. They had a black and white telly on the wall. The shop was packed as he skittled out the Aussies. I used to think of it as the Willis test rather than the Botham test (as it was subsequently called).

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
England have a chance of a record breaking run chase in South Africa.

Root and Buttler are over the trots and will bat.

Slow start by the look of it, but they have all day to get 240 runs.

D

Deleted member 1258

England have a chance of a record breaking run chase in South Africa.

Root and Buttler are over the trots and will bat.

Slow start by the look of it, but they have all day to get 240 runs.

I'm keeping an eye on it.

Top Bottom