Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It's a good test match so far with a decent match between bat and ball.
I really hope Sibley carries on. He looks the part and we need someone to step up as an opener.

Good test so far, lots of twists and turns Root needs a captains innings today/tomorrow, but who knows?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Moving away from Test cricket, can someone (anyone) explain the point of The Hundred to me? Because I honestly cannot see the point or need for it.
Is it 4 day tests are to 5 day tests as the Hundred is to Twenty20?

AndyRM

XOXO
It’s 20 balls less than 20/20. So even quicker and more of a lottery.
Total waste of time, but it’s different from the big bash and IPL.

That's an angle I hadn't considered. But I can't imagine it'll attract players away from those leagues, if that's even what the organisers were hoping for?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
That's an angle I hadn't considered. But I can't imagine it'll attract players away from those leagues, if that's even what the organisers were hoping for?

I watched some of the bidding process on Sky.

Less than gripping television, but there were a fair number of players I've heard of taking part.

Basing the team around towns and cities is a brave move.

As an all but lapsed Worcestershire fan living in the North East there was very little for me to latch on to.

The nearest to my 'home' county is Birmingham, which is Warwickshire in cricket terms.

To a Worcester supporter that's rather like asking a Tottenham fan to follow Arsenal.

The nearest team to my home address is in Leeds, not somewhere I identify with in any way.

AndyRM

XOXO
I watched some of the bidding process on Sky.

Less than gripping television, but there were a fair number of players I've heard of taking part.

Basing the team around towns and cities is a brave move.

As an all but lapsed Worcestershire fan living in the North East there was very little for me to latch on to.

The nearest to my 'home' county is Birmingham, which is Warwickshire in cricket terms.

To a Worcester supporter that's rather like asking a Tottenham fan to follow Arsenal.

The nearest team to my home address is in Leeds, not somewhere I identify with in any way.

I was surprised that there wasn't a Durham based team. A Scottish one might have been an idea too perhaps.

Top Bottom