Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I was surprised that there wasn't a Durham based team. A Scottish one might have been an idea too perhaps.

Yes, we do have a Test ground now, albeit the one at the bottom of the pecking order.

Speaking of Durham, I saw a banner in the crowd at the recent test match which read something about Durham CC being badly done to by the English Cricket Board (ECB).

There was an FTECB hashtag, which football fans will be able to decipher.

The banner had a Durham CC badge in one corner and a Sunderland AFC badge in the other.

Anyone know what the dispute with the ECB was about?

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Moving away from Test cricket, can someone (anyone) explain the point of The Hundred to me? Because I honestly cannot see the point or need for it.
Anyone else find it astonishing that the ECB should launch the 100 competition in the year 2020?

Here is an interesting new rule change for anyone interested in fielding and catching.
Even the Third Umpire didn’t know the rules.

I think it’s a silly rule. Once you have grounded your feet outside the boundary you should be out of play.

View: https://youtu.be/DSzPB10zDus

What about fielders sliding over the boundary to stop a 4 and get up to throw the ball in?

I see no problem with it being given out.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
What about fielders sliding over the boundary to stop a 4 and get up to throw the ball in?

I see no problem with it being given out.
Good point. Maybe just “out of play” for catches.

But you could end up with a run out caused by a player off the pitch.

It one for Ask the Umpire on TMS.

AndyRM

XOXO
Hoping England can keep the pressure on and post a big total today.

Like The 100, I'm confused about the point of the Cricket Social. If I wanted to listen to folk chatting about cricket I'd do it with my pals.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Hoping England can keep the pressure on and post a big total today.

Like The 100, I'm confused about the point of the Cricket Social. If I wanted to listen to folk chatting about cricket I'd do it with my pals.
It’s because the BBC doesn’t have the rights for radio broadcasts of this series.
i imagine TalkSport are just as confused about how the BBC get away with it.

AndyRM

XOXO
It’s because the BBC doesn’t have the rights for radio broadcasts of this series.
i imagine TalkSport are just as confused about how the BBC get away with it.

Yeah, I get that, I just don't see the point. The text commentary is fine as it is!

Bit of a wobble from England after a promising start - 153/4. I reckon they should be a lot closer to 200 by this point. Far too early to judge really, but this could be a low scoring affair.

AndyRM

XOXO
Close on 224 for 4. Just about England's day I reckon, though it would be have been better if someone had been able to put a big score on the board.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Another great win.
The South Africans do see you be very weak with lots of top players choosing to play other more lucrative forms of cricket.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Does anyone know if there is going to be a DVD set showing the 2019 World Cup? Could really do with one right now! I have a few Ashes series but they are going to be played to death.

Surely there must be one in the pipeline?

Top Bottom