Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've been enjoying this test against the Windies, last day is really nicely set up.

Personally I think the BBC (other punditry is available) have been incredibly harsh on England*. 100 runs aside, both sides have suffered similar collapses, and England have done well to build a decent lead. If they can get over 200, victory may be there for the taking.

*With the exception of Denley - he is absolutely useless.
Our bowling looks good at mo! Two early wickets but nicely balanced game. Tempting to stay in and not enjoy the sun? :sun:

AndyRM

XOXO
This is so, so tense. Although I'm an England fan (despite being Scottish), I'll be happy whatever the result.

Both sides would say they deserve to win which I agree with, but nobody could argue with a draw (which is looking increasingly unlikely).

Test cricket truly is a wonderful game, in fact if I had a gun to my head I reckon it's what I'd pick if I was told I could only follow one sport for the rest of my life (preferably on a crackly long wave radio). Try explaining it to people though, and they look at you like you're an absolute lunatic.

"5 days, and there might not be a result?"

"Well yeah, but..."

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Yep. Been a great performance from them, thoroughly deserved, and a good, close game. Shame Blackwood didn't get his century.

Plus the sun's back out now, so I'll be able to get a ride in this evening too.
Yes, a shame for Blackwood after an excellent innings.

I was determined to watch all of today's play and tail-end of my bike ride apart, I did. At times it was a Boycottian (it is now!) grind but England finished on a good score which forms a solid foundation for squaring the series.
Not seen much of it bit will check highlights.

AndyRM

XOXO
Shame not to review for the second wicket, but overall a very promising start. Hopefully the weather stays fair tomorrow, it's always frustrating to have what should be a match winning position taken away by rain.

ruffers

Veteran
Shame not to review for the second wicket, but overall a very promising start. Hopefully the weather stays fair tomorrow, it's always frustrating to have what should be a match winning position taken away by rain.

was a shame to not review for the second wicket. All in all it was a good day watching England bat, especially when Stokes started to open up a little.

was a shame to not review for the second wicket. All in all it was a good day watching England bat, especially when Stokes started to open up a little.
Stokes is superb when he goes up a gear like that spell yesterday, reminds me of KP at his best. Hope we get a few overs today? :sun: Last two days at least :okay:

Top Bottom