Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

geocycle

Legendary Member
Agree re KP, what a naturally gifted player! But part of the press or public never quite accepted him. his mistakes were always magnified. I fear the same is already happening to Archer. Chris Froome is treated In a similar way.

ruffers

Veteran
Agree re KP, what a naturally gifted player! But part of the press or public never quite accepted him. his mistakes were always magnified. I fear the same is already happening to Archer. Chris Froome is treated In a similar way.

I think Archer if he progresses as he is will be destroyed by the press. We seem to do it a lot to naturally gifted talent

AndyRM

XOXO
I don't get the impression that anyone is gunning for Archer particularly.

As Braithwaite was saying in his comments, he'd do well to look to Stokes for counsel.

I have a feeling WI might declare overnight and England will forfeit their 2nd innings.

Of course, England have to win to have any chance of winning the series, but hopefully the spirit of cricket is more important than the result.

Maybe the run chase would be too much for them, but otherwise the match would be dull, and that's assuming the Manchester weather will allow full play over the next two days.

AndyRM

XOXO
I have a feeling WI might declare overnight and England will forfeit their 2nd innings.

Of course, England have to win to have any chance of winning the series, but hopefully the spirit of cricket is more important than the result.

Maybe the run chase would be too much for them, but otherwise the match would be dull, and that's assuming the Manchester weather will allow full play over the next two days.

That would be pretty cool. Any sort of precedent for teams just going "aye, f*ck it" like this for the craic?

Has an extra day ever been played when a full day had been lost? Don't need to worry about tickets.

Has an extra day ever been played when a full day had been lost? Don't need to worry about tickets.
No, AFAIK extra days haven't been added to lost days. Not even in -975 when George Davis was 'innocent'.

AndyRM

XOXO
Shame @Dayvo's prediction didn't come true, although I was discussing it with my old man this morning, and he pointed out that if they play until 7.30 today and tomorrow, then only 4 hours have been lost.

Not a great start from England really. WI seem to have doubled their score without even trying.

Top Bottom