Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Have been distracted by the football, but have enjoyed this series it's great to see the west indies being competitive again .
I grew up watching Richards , Greenidge,Roberts ,Ambrose etc... great players and teams,and some fantastic memories

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Well, they managed to beat the weather! I thought that England batted far too long in the 2nd innings given the weather forecast - maybe 60 or so runs too long. And, because time was always going to be part of the equation, I thought a change in the batting order would have made sense. In the end, they managed to finish ahead of the weather so all's good. England were never behind in the match but they didnt beat the weather by all that much.

That Kraig Brathwaite, gifting England bowlers 500 wickets twice! I reckon Brathwaite in the TMS booth put him up to it.....

Wow! Only caught bits and pieces due to negligible signal but what an epic recovery. Can't wait to see replay tomorrow, well done the lads :okay:

PaulB

Legendary Member
I worried a bit when Sibley went but after that, England went from strength to strength. No doubting in that side, they're very good.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I’ve often wondered about whether Chris Broad should be match referee for England games where his son is playing. It brings unnecessary accusations of possible bias.

apparently he fined his son for swearing against Pakistan.

AndyRM

XOXO
I’ve often wondered about whether Chris Broad should be match referee for England games where his son is playing. It brings unnecessary accusations of possible bias.

apparently he fined his son for swearing against Pakistan.

He did fine him, and gave him another demerit point. As I understand it, there's not much more he could have done really.

Stuart has accepted the fine, and the point.

I see no bias there at all.

geocycle

Legendary Member
I agree that on this occasion there was no bias but in most conflict of interest situations I would have expectEd someone else to adjudicate. It seems a bit unprofessional and avoidable. Reminds me when a 16 year old leggy In a village match appealed for LBW against me with the ball pitching a foot outside leg - ’how was that, Dad!’ - there was only ever going to be one result!

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
He did fine him, and gave him another demerit point. As I understand it, there's not much more he could have done really.

Stuart has accepted the fine, and the point.

I see no bias there at all.
i agree. there doesn’t appear to be any bias, it’s just odd that a father can referee an international match where his son is playing.

Every single Englishman is unable to umpire a England match, but the father of a player can be the referee, it just seems odd.

Top Bottom