Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
i agree. there doesn’t appear to be any bias, it’s just odd that a father can referee an international match where his son is playing.

Every single Englishman is unable to umpire a England match, but the father of a player can be the referee, it just seems odd.

I agree that it's odd. But then, there aren't many referees/umpires at elite level which makes things tricky.

Much as I love cricket, and I do, it's not a sport that makes things easy on itself sometimes.

Light meters can get in the sea for a start.

Anyone watching the Test match? I feel obliged to post something on this most underused thread. Eng 91-2 this morning, Burns another woeful innings but Pakistani spinners look a right handful. I'm hunkering down for a few more hours viewing, Mrs Fondo possibly not :laugh:

AndyRM

XOXO
Anyone watching the Test match? I feel obliged to post something on this most underused thread. Eng 91-2 this morning, Burns another woeful innings but Pakistani spinners look a right handful. I'm hunkering down for a few more hours viewing, Mrs Fondo possibly not :laugh:

Thank you for the reminder. After the non-event that was the last Test I'd forgotten it was on.

Good rebuilding job by Crawley and Root so far, but it is maddening to be in that sort of position, and so often. I can't remember the last time I looked at England's openers and had any sort of confidence in them.

Thank you for the reminder. After the non-event that was the last Test I'd forgotten it was on.

Good rebuilding job by Crawley and Root so far, but it is maddening to be in that sort of position, and so often. I can't remember the last time I looked at England's openers and had any sort of confidence in them.
Agree, we depend on 3 and 4 much more often than we should. Anyhow the pair of them look set for the time being so could be a decent partnership?

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Oh no! I was watching it recorded with 5 min delay!! Crawley looks good for 100?? :wacko:

Let's hope so but maybe you shouldn't have said it, commentators curse and all that. Look what happened above just now.

AndyRM

XOXO
Excellent days play. Quality batting by England, but Pakistan really didn't offer much with the ball, which is unusual.

Hopefully a massive total and an innings victory. Nice and comprehensive.

Inevitably, we will now collapse and make a total arse of things.

And no sign of a light meter!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Whether he goes on to score 200 or is out in the first over of the day, it won't change what I thought was a pretty special batting performance today. He's got a big range of strokes, hits the ball hard, more with fast hands than with brute force, and simply looks very balanced.

I've set him up to fall onto his wicket, haven't I....?

Top Bottom