Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Trying to remember who was next wicket taker ahead of him? Kumble on 600 odd? Could he make it?
Kumble is 519, I think. Very doable for Anderson. And it might be Muralitharan up around 600.

I don't see the appeal of moving up from 5th to 4th on some arbitrary list. Maybe being best ever (globally, or nationally, or gingers) - i can see the attraction of that. And round numbers always have an appeal ( so 5-fers, 100runs, or 10,000 career runs, etc)

I guess I'm not a natural statto!

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
He’ll never beat Warne 708 and Murali 800.
He’s already the most successful fast bowler ever.
Spinners have it a bit more easy especially on sub continent pitches.

AndyRM

XOXO
Some result at tonight's T20! I'd switched to the Scotland v Israel, assuming the game was over at 124/1 and intermittently checked in. Glad I made the decision to switch back to the cricket, I don't know why I still bother with the national side at football any more, the Steve Clarke effect I suppose.

A great summer of cricket so far, thanks to the west Indies, and Pakistan for making great sacrifices to make it happen.
Ian bell has announced his retirement at the end of the season, a bears and England legend. Spent many happy afternoons at edgbaston watching him flourish into an outstanding batsman

Last edited:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
What a match! What a finale! And what a shame that two great games have registered just three posts, including this one, on CycleChat.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
What a match! What a finale! And what a shame that two great games have registered just three posts, including this one, on CycleChat.
I did mention it but on a different thread! (I can't take Twenty20 too seriously; 20/20 is to test cricket as beach volleyball is to the Olympics.) It's hard to believe how Australia managed to lose the first game from the position Finch and Warner got the team into. And today, Australia suffered from being rusty with the bat, I thought. They needed get their middle order batsmen back into form.

AndyRM

XOXO
Disappointing result tonight. I had things to do and ducked out of listening at 123/5, letting them post just shy of 300 from there is really poor bowling, especially having won the toss.

AndyRM

XOXO
Respectable total today given how we started the game. And an excellent start by the bowlers. It would be a record breaking chase at Old Trafford should Australia manage it.

Top Bottom