Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just saw this on FB! Must admit it surprised me given that over 2,000 Tests have been played.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Home and dry....almost.

Great win from that position and a 1st innings deficit
Whilst Sri Lanka are an inexperienced Test side, to go and win 2-0 away from home after losing the toss on both occasions is no mean feat. Give the openers time. They don't experience conditions like Galle very often and it takes a lot of getting used to.
It will be very interesting to see how England get on against a buoyant India. Glad I bought my £25/month Now TV subscription for lockdown binge sport watching

Whilst Sri Lanka are an inexperienced Test side, to go and win 2-0 away from home after losing the toss on both occasions is no mean feat. Give the openers time. They don't experience conditions like Galle very often and it takes a lot of getting used to.
It will be very interesting to see how England get on against a buoyant India. Glad I bought my £25/month Now TV subscription for lockdown binge sport watching
Watching cricket is a great lockdown tonic! Finally saw Aus v India highlights... superb! Lets hope we get similar entertainment next week.
Currently checking out Pakistan v SA which is nicely set up.
Question is, will we get to see the NZ and India tour 'live' this summer? Really hope so ^_^. Great on tv, greater being there with a cold pint to hand.

Question is, will we get to see the NZ and India tour 'live' this summer?
NZ are coming to england in June. Based on the 2020 sport, I think there's a good chance of limited crowds for those matches (cricket stadiums are big and spread out). Cross your fingers.
ENG's 1st test in India is early Feb. So you can't take me to watch that one, Grant :sad: But a pretty friendly start time for us radio listeners :okay:

(are they the tours you meant?)
EDIT: doh! Didn't realise India were touring here in August 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
England are indeed touring India this winter: the first Test starts 5th Feb.

https://www.google.no/amp/s/cricket...reaming-details-and-all-you-need-to-know/amp/

I’m hoping C4 pull their fingers out and buy the rights to show this tour in the UK from Disney. They’re leaving it a bit late as the first test match starts this week.

I don’t think Disney were planning on selling the UK rights at all, but the interest level is a lot higher than normal with the ongoing lockdowns and it seems they may have changed their mind. I guess there are a lot of Indians now resident in the UK who will want to watch it.

Annoyingly, Test Match Special don’t have the radio rights so will have to put up with the awful radio adverts on TalkSport2. :sad:

Top Bottom