Criterium du Dauphiné, 8-15 June 2014 ***spoilers***

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Did Kirby, the over-excitable pillock, really say trhat Froome wasn't really a TTer at some point ?

OP
OP
smutchin

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
A super skinny, super strong Berto just been pushed off

Physically, both Froome and Contador look in incredible shape. Not an ounce of fat between them. Nibali is skinny by any normal human standards but he looks positively lardy compared to them.

robertob

Super Froome. He's a machine and certainly wanted to prove his authority. Had him 16/1 to win it today. But rather had my eye on a podium finish than the win. So that was really impressive after all. But also great ride by Contador who not did better than many would have expected. That sets it up nicely for tomorrow.

robertob

Should be an entertaining stage today, loads to climb, even though nothing too difficult. I would expect the big names to show their face today, at least Nibali and Contandor should attack. Sky might want to control things though, as a test for the Tour. Might be hard for a breakaway to make it today, especially with the time bonus available on the line, which will be something the GC contenders want to get. I have three other names in mind to well today as well. NetApp's GC contender Leopold König is a superb climber and I expect him to go into the attack today. So should be the French hope Romain Bardet who might be ideally suited by this stage. And what about Tejay van Garderen? Really good TT yesterday, he seems to have a bit of form after all his injury problems this year and might want to test his legs in the mountains as well to see on what level he is at the moment.

Nibali looks in trouble. Pretty select group up front: Froome, Bertie, Nibali, Talansky, Kelderman. Van den Brouk. Good stuff this.

Massive pointers for the tour. Nibali has not got it. Contador is a couple of rib-eyes short and hadn't got enough when it came to it. Nice to see a real young contender on a Bianchi. (Kelderman). One of the Yates boys was up there too. Big day this. Huge guts from Froome.

Top Bottom