Critical Mass gone BAD!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jezston

Über Member
From reports, apparently no one was killed and all those hospitalised are now home recovering.

Driver is still in hiding, but a solicitors firm contacted police stating the driver would be handing himself in on Monday. He may well be charged with attempted murder.

HUGE critical mass rides are being planned around Brazil in response.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Considering the point of Critical Mass is to inconvenience drivers to make a point, its not surprising that some douchebag would use the "excuse" of being inconvenienced to mow down 50+ people, potentially killing any number of them and then go and hide. Hope that the Police do catch them... but then even if they do he'd probably be driving again in two years, so that's OK.

angry.gif

I have never liked CM. I know some share my sentiments on here, some dont. But to do that is just sick. Its going far too far for a percieved inconvenience. Even deliberately ramming one person would be too far.

I wasn't sure exactly which forum to place this in, I think this was the most appropriate.

There was a terrible incident at a Critical Mass ride in Brazil just a day or so ago. Here is a blog piece about it.

It contains some footage, but PLEASE, beware, the footage is quite shocking. It shows a car plowing through a peaceful CM ride in Brazil. Totally shocked me!

I'm not a great fan of CM, but this CM seemed pretty harmless from the footage.

What sort of world do we live in! :sad::sad::sad::sad:

colinr

I just saw that via Twitter. It's horrific :sad:
Even more so if that "stuck accelerator pedal" crap flies, it's always a stuck pedal or failed brakes isn't it.

Liza

This is absolutely horrific.

It’s insane that people are capable of such actions; it makes me sick to my stomach.

That was horrendous!

What that driver did was premeditated and no different from a gunman going into a crowded area and firing randomly and killing innocent bystanders.

(S)He, the driver, deserves, at worst, the death sentence, or at best, life imprisonment.

Or just let the cyclists deal with the matter themselves.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I just saw that via Twitter. It's horrific :sad:
Even more so if that "stuck accelerator pedal" crap flies, it's always a stuck pedal or failed brakes isn't it.

Which is bollox. Even I as a nondriver know that removing plates adds to the guilt factor. Even if the car did mechanically fail he could have switched the ignition off and applied the brake. Brakes and accelerator dont fail together, and I'm sure the cops have the car and can tell. He stopped fine just after too.

Jezston

Über Member
Which is bollox. Even I as a nondriver know that removing plates adds to the guilt factor. Even if the car did mechanically fail he could have switched the ignition off and applied the brake. Brakes and accelerator dont fail together, and I'm sure the cops have the car and can tell. He stopped fine just after too.

Witness reports said he was arguing with riders at the back of the group and being agressive towards them before charging forwards. It was no accident, it was attempted murder.

Jesus H Christ :ohmy:

I'm with DF, that excuse 'the pedal stuck' is crap, from what looked like a near stationary start they'd also have 'clutch, footbrake and handbrake'. They might of got away with that cr@p excuse if they had handed them self into a Polis station straight away, but as far as I'm aware they still haven't handed them self in and furthermore had removed their plates :rolleyes:

Zoiders

They will get him, he made the biggest mistake when he ran down people that matter.

Life may be cheap in Brazil but when you try to kill middle class kids and students on camera the police have to do something or it makes them look bad.

Top Bottom