Crossbar squatting to be banned

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
In more important news, they're trying to tackle the moto and convoy crashes/awful driving and final barriers

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I was surprised to learn how well the super tuck works.

My mate and I were freewheeling down a gentle decline.

He adopted the super tuck and his bike gently accelerated away from mine.

Within a few seconds he had gained several metres.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I liked it in the TdF a few years ago when Chris Froome did it. The commentators were saying that of course he must have practised it and Team Sky would have tested it in the wind tunnel and calculated its efficiency and all that, blah blah blah. Then they interviewed Froome afterwards and he was like 'yeah, I'd never done it before, thought I'd just give it a go, see what happens'.

fine, then I'll just do this instead ...

superman.jpg

figbat

Slippery scientist
Maybe dropper posts in the peloton next? On particularly descendy days at least?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Maybe dropper posts in the peloton next? On particularly descendy days at least?
I wonder if they're already banned but I suspect we may see some riders simply open their saddle quick release and slam the post down on the summit before a descent finish — which of course means they won't have the option of getting back up on the saddle for cornering. The unintended consequences of this could be nasty.

Positions compared: https://www.velonews.com/gear/analysis-what-is-the-fastest-descending-position/

I read something locally that the ban was going to be on pedalling when in the ST position ?

Next we'll be seeing riders hanging their arse over the back wheel to achieve a similar effect, dropper as mentioned has to be in the game here.

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
"Stricter regulations surrounding riders discarding bottles and rubbish on the road will also be introduced, "
In more important news, they're trying to tackle the moto and convoy crashes/awful driving and final barriers
I thought I'd concentrate on the weighty matters first ;)

But you're right - and the bit about barrier regs is much more important.

My perception is that discarded bottles cause a sizeable but largely avoidable proportion of the crashes in pro racing. And it grates when one sees them being lobbed into undergrowth or ravines where there's a strong possibility they'll not be recovered.

Top Bottom