Crosser X-pert hybrid wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I need to buy a new rear wheel for my hybrid & came across these, which seem reasonable, but are they a good buy? or can i get better quality for a similar price?

TIA

jpembroke

Very cheap. Perhaps too cheap. And heavy too. Certainly don't believe they'd stand up to the rigours of cyclocross as stated on the website. I'd avoid them and spend a bit more; maybe get some Aksiums. Even Shimano R500s or Fulcrum 7s would be a better bet.

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
jpembroke said:
Very cheap. Perhaps too cheap. And heavy too. Certainly don't believe they'd stand up to the rigours of cyclocross as stated on the website. I'd avoid them and spend a bit more; maybe get some Aksiums. Even Shimano R500s or Fulcrum 7s would be a better bet.

Don't want to spend too much as it's for a cheap hybrid that isn't worth a fortune anyway. Weight's not too much of an issue either (apart from my 16 stone :o)
I bought some new wheels for my road bike earlier this year & was advised against the Aksiums & R500s in favour of FSA RD60s, due to strength of wheels carrying my weight

jpembroke

Really, I'd avoid those wheels especially if strength is an issue. If you think Aksiums aren't up to the job then these definitely won't be. As I say, I've ridden 3 seasons of cyclocross on the same pair of Aksiums and they are still as smooth and true as the day I bought them.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
them crosser wheels are really heavy. too heavy for any roadbike. the front wheel is at least a lb heavier than it should be.

considering you can get RS10's for an extra £30 that weigh 600g less at crc these are terrible value.

Wheels should be the lightest part of any bike.

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Ok, I've been convinced that these wheels are not the way to go :smile: The RRP is £80, but I can get them for £45, so the options listed above are a little more than an extra £30 ;)
I'll have to hang on till next pay day & buy something of suitable quality.
Thanks for all the replies guys ;)

Top Bottom