Crud Racer Mk3

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mangid

Guru
Put Crud Racer Mk3 on the back yesterday afternoon, was careful to ensure stays were clean, baby wipes and alcohol wipes. Really pushed hard to ensure pad was stuck, and was left for a good 12 hours. It came unstuck on my commute this morning, after maybe 34miles, was mildly moist here in Cambridge, and the roads aren't smooth. But still, I expected better.

20170130_080918.jpg

Have cleaned it all up, and am hoping the cable ties will keep it all in place for the commute home.

20170130_085131.jpg

Have some PDW full metal fenders on order, to replace the one that failed due to fatigue yesterday.

Had the same problem. The sticky bit isn't very sticky and came off every time I tried to adjust the mudguards, instead of the velcro coming off. I put the cable ties on straight away before the first ride because I thought it'll also make them a bit harder to steal (I also park in the centre of Cambridge).

The front extension bit that is screwed on by the the brakes has also disappeared already...

I think I prefer the MK2s, they are not as stiff but they are easier to adjust and are still going strong after 2 years. Plus they also fit my good bike whereas the MK3s are too thick.

OP
OP
mangid

mangid

Guru
Contacted CRUD, and Mr CRUD himself replied, they're going to send some replacement pads. So I'll be extremely fastidious on the next application.

Great service.

pawl

Legendary Member
Had the same problem. The sticky bit isn't very sticky and came off every time I tried to adjust the mudguards, instead of the velcro coming off. I put the cable ties on straight away before the first ride because I thought it'll also make them a bit harder to steal (I also park in the centre of Cambridge).

The front extension bit that is screwed on by the the brakes has also disappeared already...

I think I prefer the MK2s, they are not as stiff but they are easier to adjust and are still going strong after 2 years. Plus they also fit my good bike whereas the MK3s are too thick.

Had a similar problem with my giant. It due to the angle of the seat stays I couldn't adjust to prevent rubbing against the tyre

Put the mark2 back on.Jobs a good un

Top Bottom