Cruisers.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
Anybody own one? If so then I'd like to see some pics. :okay:

Out of nowhere I've got an urge for a cruiser, in fact, I've a definite need for one. And I want something bright and brash rather than cool, Pee Wee Herman, not Schwinn.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgvDmrxo3nvnx6sde6NITn-Rfm9WQk7YweYJt7Oln7TQEIBhb7.jpg

ANT 666

Trying to re member
That is one ugly bike!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I don't own a coaster but I've ridden a couple and I'm not really a fan. The riding position is a bit laid back (not merely upright - the pedals are often noticeably in front of the saddle) for my tastes.

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
A woman at work has a dawes beach cruiser type bike. She thought it would be great for work and riding a few miles around the town but she said in retrospect it's heavy wasn't particularly cheap and wishes she had gotten something else.
My first thoughts are you will soon regret buying one but each to their own :smile:

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
View attachment 109106

I bloody loves coaster brakes, most of my bikes have them.
This is my Schwinn Centenary Black Phantom with which am in love. The last Schwinn made on American soil. Mildly hotrodded with a Profile Imperial chain ring, 2.5 inch utility tyres off of a Dutch cargo trike and a 20" ape.

Beautiful.

I had one in 2011, borrowed from a friend in Barcelona, he didn't tell me the front brake didn't work and I knew nothing about coaster brakes. I went off happily down Las Ramblas, then hurtled right past the Christopher Colombus statue at the bottom, trying desperately to paddle myself to a stop amid manic traffic. :sad: Don't think I gave that bike another thought until the past week or so.:wacko:

16092010121s.jpg

16092010120S.jpg

winjim

Smash the cistern
My brother had a Raleigh Bomber when we were kids. It was the weight of a B17 and about half as manoeuvrable.

Top Bottom