CRVFR R.I.P

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
RIP

OP
OP
Spoked Wheels

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
I have just realised that CRVFR was the member who sold me his Trek 7.3 hybrid in 2013. I drove down to Newcastle and met him to collect the bike and you are correct; he was a true gentleman. The bike was in "as new" condition, and still is; I took it to Florida in January.
The connection just makes this news all the sadder. Thoughts are with his family and friends. We actually have a mutual friend who lives near me; CRVFR was involved with dogs and our friend is a well respected breeder and show judge.

That's right, now that you mention dogs, reminded me that on his last message to me he said he had just fitted the wheels to his Colnago bike but he couldn't ride it as he was on his way to a dog show but he had Sunday and Monday free of commitments. His son tells me his dad managed to ride his bike twice so I'm guessing that was on Sunday and then Monday. He had been looking forward to these wheels for a couple of weeks and initially he thought he would get them in mid May but he said he would persuade his son to collect them and come to visit him sooner and that is what happened. I said to him if he was so eager to have the wheels why didn't he arrange for delivery but he wasn't keen on that, I guessed he was afraid of the wheels getting damaged so much that he purchased wheel bags and had them delivered to me. He didn't want the wheels in a box.

I had another email from Adam, his son, last night and he is going to keep the bike in memory of his dad. I'm sure that is the way Charles would have liked it. I intermediately said to my wife that my bikes should go to my grandson cause my son has no interest in bikes.

I went to sleep thinking about Charles and the first thing that came to my mind when I woke up this morning was Charles again...... I don't know any details of the accident but I hope it wasn't a drunk driver that took his life.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
RIP as many others have said

and i also had dealings with him recently in trying to help him find a bike suitable for this years L'erioca event

tyred

Legendary Member
Very sad. RIP.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
This being a cycling forum, I imagine it happening to one of us in some form or another is bound to happen sooner or later.
Still bad news for all who knew him though. :sad:

Top Bottom