Crying for 6" less

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Crackle said:
Magnatom I fear for you. I do wish you'd remember that most of the population have not read Cyclecraft (me included). Perhaps you should fling copies at the worst offenders - take it easy, you are not a one man crusader.

Bentmikey, it's good to give yourself a challenge like that now and again, just watch the knees.

Don't worry. I know what I am doin.............:smile:

Seriously though none of what happened over the last day or so had anything to do with cyclecraft (I didn't mention it!)

The only occasion where I was taking a primary where some cyclists wouldn't was on the same section that I had the secondary incident the other day. It was very busy at the time with traffic coming both ways and I was about to start indicating right. I was in the right place pure and simple. The numpty behind me was a complete plonk of the highest order.

As Dom says it's just a bad patch and I get them from time to time. I also get good patches (I have posted as such before) when cycling is just a joy.

I like fixed and plan to get one again after I have visited Australia or China? this year.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Magnatom, you've got some seriously nasty drivers up there - I haven't had one threaten me or lean on the horn doing daft stuff whilst commuting...... the odd near miss and things, but genuine accident/impatience, but threatening me - I'd be off the bike and asking them to discuss the issue !

This is the video of the taxi driver signaling that he would knock me off.

View: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FDATV1VJIBE

The actual signal is just out of frame, but you can just about make out that he nods when I ask him if it was meant for me and that he was threatening me.

Sure he may have been saying it in a 'taxi driver jokey manor', I still don't appreciate it! ;)

Actually, I've just looked at the video on youtube and the compression has made it difficult to see the driver at all. On the original it is much clearer.

domtyler

Über Member
magnatom said:
Actually, I've just looked at the video on youtube and the compression has made it difficult to see the driver at all. On the original it is much clearer.

It may be time for you to invest in your own FTP server?

domtyler

Über Member
magnatom said:
Can you tap us a fiver mate.... ;)

You won't need it, I will supply and install the software for you for free, all you need to do is get the hardware up and running and an internet connection. I've just checked and heavy-breathing.co.uk is available, go for it Doc, you know you want to. :smile::biggrin:

domtyler said:
You won't need it, I will supply and install the software for you for free, all you need to do is get the hardware up and running and an internet connection. I've just checked and heavy-breathing.co.uk is available, go for it Doc, you know you want to. :smile:;)

So you'll come all the way up to Glasgow to install some software on my computer just so that I have to post videos on a site with a url of heavy-breathing.co.uk?

Nae skin off ma nose! Just not this weekend, as I will be doon south! :biggrin:

trio25

Über Member
I fancy trying fixed, I've just got a singlespeed for off-road and I'm loving it, I was worried about knee problems but it's fine. Harder work though.

Top Bottom