CS3 a basic review

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
in my quest for endomondo miles i decided while riding home this afternoon , that i wouldn't turn off on to the limehouse cut canal route but i would ride the whole length of CS3.

I didn't manage to do this as i turned off at the beckton alps and headed into forest gate through the hams. ( east and west :smile: )

people have been saying that CS3 is a terrible route , and if all they have ridden is the Tower gateway to Limehouse section then they are in for a big dissapointment further out. once past limehouse its well signed but a bit stopstart to just past poplar . then it turns into a where the hell do i go now . luckily i have a fairly good sense of direction and managed to work out were it should go.

i now have several questions for Boris J and Jenny Jones.
1) why did your design team ( Ok i know its hard to get preschoolers to think for a long time) take the route down a barriered road staffed by educational subnormal persons who think its fun to not open the barrier for you and make you get off and wheel your bike round the barrier after tyou have lifted it up the rather large kerb
2) why not move all the give way lines back a bit so cars might not plough ahead without thinkingh there could be something else coming- good job " I have my wits about me " isn't it Boris.
3) could you have not redesigned the junction at olympus tiles . the scaffold lorry ( yes what a cliche) driver didn't look my way ( left) as the road is effectivley a slip and you wouldn't expect a vehiocle to be coming. a distinct lack of expensive blue paint too so no clues it is a cycle way ( i hesitate to say super highway as it is in fact neither)

dejected and disheartened i turned onto the greenway at the beckton alps and followed the smell of londons friday nights digested food back towards stratford .

Top Bottom