CS7 Blue cycle route London - The Police are watching you

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
As an aside, on a practical note, if there are only two or three cars waiting at the lights, I will typically slot in behind them rather than go to the front of the lights. The approach some cyclists seem to have that they must get to the front at traffic lights even when there's no real benefit reminds me of those drivers who must overtake a cyclist even if they have to stop three seconds later.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
The whole thing is madness though. The need to change the legislation, so that bicycles can enter an ASL by whichever route they like.

I also won't bother if there's only a few cars ahead, it just doesn't save that much time.

Dan B

Disengaged member
I stand corrected!

Personally, I am happy to rely on the HC rule, and it also for me passes the test of being seen to act properly if we enter the box in any fashion and then stop at the second line.

So in fact it's not actually breaking the law that bothers you, it's doing things that upset people who don't even know the law?

This morning a taxi driver told me that riding two abreast was illegal. Should I stop doing this just because he's an ignorant fool?

In my opinion the whole ASL thing is academic whilst configurations like this one exist.

Bad road markings are a whole different kettle of fish to passing throuh a FINAL stop line at red, so no hypocrisy on my part

Yes, I jumped the red light on the way to Pets at Home, if we are being technical. However if stopped I would certainly refuse to pay any spot fine and be willing to contest the issue in a court of law (since I stopped within the ASL to go straight ahead which has no legal point of entry). And any car drivers who don't like my "illegal behaviour" can sod of back to pepipoo.com and go back to discussing loopholes to get out of driving and parking offences through a mm of spacing on a signpost.

I use the road rather than the cycle path because {a} I want to go faster than 18mph and {b} I want to cross ONE set of traffic lights and not three

Top Bottom