CT Heart Scan & Beta Blockers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Clogged arteries.

Good luck with that, usually from most I know you need to have had a heart attack before anyone shows any interest in arteries, my brother being the exception.

Hogmanay and heart disease is probably the 2 reasons you really want to be in Scotland, as we are really good at dealing with both, although I don't think they are linked. :okay:

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
Good luck with that, usually from most I know you need to have had a heart attack before anyone shows any interest in arteries, my brother being the exception.

Hogmanay and heart disease is probably the 2 reasons you really want to be in Scotland, as we are really good at dealing with both, although I don't think they are linked. :okay:

Tbh honest I think I'd rather not know. The palpations started after I had a cold that wouldn't shift & not longer after starting BP medication. I thought he swap my meds over - but sent me for this scan.

Slick

Guru
Tbh honest I think I'd rather not know. The palpations started after I had a cold that wouldn't shift & not longer after starting BP medication. I thought he swap my meds over - but sent me for this scan.

I know we are all different and maybe its because of my family history, but I'd much rather know.

It might not feel like it at times, but this is very much for the best.

yello

I've been on beta blockers for a while and I have a low heart rate, high 40s at rest, mid 30s asleep. Nothing to worry about, particularly if you're only taking them a few days.
Yet my experience was the opposite. I too had a resting 40s heart rate when a cardiologist put me on beta blockers. I felt awful, worse than awful in fact. I thought my number was up. I was literally waking in the night gasping for air, with my heart rate in the 30s.

I guess we all can respond differently.

Top Bottom