CTC a moan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mac66

Back in January I joined the CTC, on-line, mainly to obtain liability insurance.

I received the confirmation email that my cash had been taken, but have not heard a dickie-bird since. I haven't even been sent a membership confirmation email from CTC.

Has this been anyone elses experience? Rather poor service and a takes your money and runs kind of attitude if you ask me. Very poor.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Have you contacted them Mac? There were some problems at the start of the year, I believe - I got in touch and all was sorted within a week.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I joined in Jan too and never got an e mail but did receive a rather large envelope in the post with my card, magazine and some other old tat.

Like you I only joined for the 3rd party liability insurance.

pieinthesky

How did you all join? Maybe that makes a difference.

I joined in December on the web. The only reason to believe they received my application is because they have taken the money and I now receive their e-mail Newsletter!

I joined recently and had the same problem. Simon 1.5 will be along shortly - he's on the council and is able to kick arse. I'll email him and alert him that others are having probs.

Apparently it's to do with the agency that handles the memberships.

Tynan

Veteran
joined in Sept and they were very slick

been getting the very enjoyable mag since then too

Hotmail being a pain, can't email him, will pm him on the site.

davidwalton

pieinthesky said:
How did you all join? Maybe that makes a difference.

I joined in December on the web. The only reason to believe they received my application is because they have taken the money and I now receive their e-mail Newsletter!

I joined on the CTC site.

PrettyboyTim

I was wondering if I should expect a welcome pack in the post!

I got a welcome email, but nothing through the post yet. I joined 12 days ago. (Feb 14th 2008)

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i joined them via the club (just for insurance, which i have anyway), and got a card and old mag about 1 week before the membership expired. it's stayed that way, but only because i found out i'm covered by my house insurance policy.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I joined on the web, had the magazine arrive a few weeks ago but never seen their e mail newsletter however it is possible I may have ticked a box that said don't send me crap by e mail ;) when I joined :biggrin:

Top Bottom