CTC legal service any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was knocked off my bicycle two weeks ago. I was doing about 15 mph along a main road in daylight when a driver failed to stop at a give way line from a side road on my left. I saw him coming and managed to make a bit more space but he still clipped my back wheel sending me to the road. I was taken to A&E on a spinal board but cleared of any serious injury that evening. I am still suffering from numerous aches and pains and having to take strong analgesia though.

I intend to persue the driver for damages and costs incurred. I have CTC insurance and legal cover and am considering using the lawyers they provide - Russell, Jones and Walker - to make my claim. Does anyone have any experience of this company - good or bad?

Thanks

sabian92

Über Member
Round here they have pretty good standing from what I've read.

You should have a pretty decent solicitors if you use them.

PK99

Legendary Member
I was knocked off my bicycle two weeks ago. I was doing about 15 mph along a main road in daylight when a driver failed to stop at a give way line from a side road on my left. I saw him coming and managed to make a bit more space but he still clipped my back wheel sending me to the road. I was taken to A&E on a spinal board but cleared of any serious injury that evening. I am still suffering from numerous aches and pains and having to take strong analgesia though.

I intend to persue the driver for damages and costs incurred. I have CTC insurance and legal cover and am considering using the lawyers they provide - Russell, Jones and Walker - to make my claim. Does anyone have any experience of this company - good or bad?

Thanks

Excellent service following my smidsy. injuries sound similar to yours, smidsy in april £10k payout in december

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Russsel, Jones & Walker.

A most excellent service. They work on a no win no fee basis. And keep you updated with the whole ongoing process.

I got knocked off my bike by a copper doing a u turn without indicating, the case is still ongoing.

Give them a ring as soon as you can.

Crankarm

Guru
Excellent service following my smidsy. injuries sound similar to yours, smidsy in april £10k payout in december

That was mighty quick. How come?

Mine is still on going after nearly 18 months with not so much as 1p pay out so far.

Car drove into the rear quarter of my bike and me, sending me down heavily like a sack of spuds.

PK99

Legendary Member
That was mighty quick. How come?

Mine is still on going after nearly 18 months with not so much as 1p pay out so far.

Car drove into the rear quarter of my bike and me, sending me down heavily like a sack of spuds.

Liability was pretty straight forward (he tuned across me), injuries were mainly soft tissue plus a couple of cracked ribs, i was pretty much recovered by december but was off the bike april to october, medico legal doctor gave favourable report with good, time bounded prognosis, i had he option of waiting till the end of his period to full recovery (18 moths from accident) but opted to settle then to gt theings out of the way - anf buy a Van Nicloas as a smidsy treat!

Crankarm

Guru
Liability was pretty straight forward (he tuned across me), injuries were mainly soft tissue plus a couple of cracked ribs, i was pretty much recovered by december but was off the bike april to october, medico legal doctor gave favourable report with good, time bounded prognosis, i had he option of waiting till the end of his period to full recovery (18 moths from accident) but opted to settle then to gt theings out of the way - anf buy a Van Nicloas as a smidsy treat!

Sounds similar to my scenario, car pulls out from side road, despite a couple of VERY LOUD shouts from me and takes me down almost driving over me as he is using a mobile phone. Police send him on a yawn of a driver awareness course so he had to admit fault but that still hasn't made the progress of my claim any quicker. Yep soft tissue injuries, knackered shoulder which has had an awful lot of physio and is more or less ok now but still have aches pains in right arm, hand and fingers due to a compressed nerve which will need an op to relieve. No interim payment though which was promised ages ago.

Crankarm

Guru

Thanks

CTC don't have any input. Everything is done by RJW.

GWS. Don't do anything energetic too soon so you can heal properly and hope any prognosis is straight forward should any injuries take longer to heal.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I thought there was no damage to you or bike, and that it was all fine shake hands and go home material?

damage to bike no
damage to me yes
And some stuff that's happened since.

Top Bottom